Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 21-07-2021, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
You reminded me of when I was 16 with a 1969 MGB Roadster Convertible with Dual Carbs and my bad friends, Mark and Lenard raced each other to get into the shotgun seat and one of them kicked my side panel and put a huge dent in it. I did not scream or swear revenge but I sure felt sad that cherried out classic car now had a huge dent in the door.
And I had a '71 red MGB.."Friends don't let friends buy British sports cars" Ever see that bumper sticker? Shhh. Talk about anchors?!
See on topic!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-07-2021, 09:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Nice username.

Thank you. Most assume, after reading a few of my posts, that it is Cobblers in the sense of "load of old"........but no! I have high regard for the words of the Pure Land myokonin (saint) Saichi, a cobbler by trade.
Old 21-07-2021, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Nice username.
Take a step back and it's all theatrics.
There are certain well know Vipassana Retreat Centres who actually have their Teachers elevated on a small Stage while having one to one talks with their Students, that's definitely Theatric
In our Sangha the Teachers are on an elevated stage during Teaching so those at the back of the Hall can see and hear them easily, one to one is done around a Table with whatever refreshment you choose if required....
Old 21-07-2021, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
EXCERPTNow, picture a practicing Buddhist. He sees it, looks up, smiles and says - ''What a beautiful cloud.''
Think about his head space; frame of mind.
YOU can also be in that very same head space, I tell them.
Nice example.

Everybody reacts differently....... or should I say, generally the same?

We could react less explosively with a little bit more compassion.

Thanks for the reminder,

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-07-2021, 11:54 PM
Master
Welcome to the Forum ...... The Cobbler's Apprentice.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-07-2021, 11:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Welcome to the Forum ...... The Cobbler's Apprentice.

Thank you (just saw this)

Old 26-07-2021, 12:02 PM
Master
֍        I WELCOME YOU TO THE SPIRITUAL FORUMS!             ֎

Old 05-08-2021, 07:07 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
if given a wife, children, job and mortgage, would be hard pressed to maintain any degree of equanimity; in fact, would their anchor hold?

that would be the best equanimity, one not dependent on any external circumstances for it to be
Old 05-08-2021, 08:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
that would be the best equanimity, one not dependent on any external circumstances for it to be

Given the past couple of months, I give thanks that my own anchor has so far held.....

(Whoever said retirement would be easy?)
Old 05-08-2021, 09:21 AM
AbodhiSky

i would add though seems to me a strict discipline, self control, is needed for equanimity. i heard a talk by Tolle once and he said he could not stay in a room full of gossiping types, you know talking at a million miles an hour about the most trivial things, he had to get out of that room, out of that energy. it was affecting him.

some might think, "oh enlightened people can be anywhere and maintain this inner and outer peace" and that really is not the case. that's why monks and nuns and saints often withdraw from the world into monasteries or deserts or caves or forests. away from crowds of unconscious people.

as we become more spiritual, we become more sensitive, to the feelings and moods and energies of others. so we need refuge from lower negative energies. we withdraw our attention from such things. don't entertain them with our attention.

periods of silence is big for monastics.