Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-06-2012, 09:34 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Aww c'mon everyone needs a hug..

I am so glad I don't go you your churches.

Seriously, some churches I go to some of the people are fake enough to make a Barbie doll jealous.

You need to just accept them for who they are and go to that church with the genuine people who care about you and the community they are in. We shouldn't assume all people are the same.

[lightworkerAu wrote].........Aww c'mon everyone needs a hug..

Not by pompous, pretentious people, who seeing this seventy old man sitting in the gutter after experiencing a dizzy spell and in need of assistance, would walk on the other side of the road rather than get involved.

Nah matey, their hugs are only to grab you and add you to their ever bloated and decomposing body of false beliefs.
Old 19-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-word

Not by pompous, pretentious people, who seeing this seventy old man sitting in the gutter after experiencing a dizzy spell and in need of assistance, would walk on the other side of the road rather than get involved.

Nah matey, their hugs are only to grab you and add you to their ever bloated and decomposing body of false beliefs.
not even if they look cute and smell good? I'm not that fussy lol. I like it when the girls cuddle me too. :P
Old 19-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Mary Baker

I am grieved to see the judgmentalism.
Wow!! Such hostility!

I also have experienced the kind of church you speak of in my youth. It was the Thomas Hill Pentecostal church on a hill four miles from my home. I was more conservative, a Baptist, but enjoyed attending revivals there. It was someplace to go and many friends and relatives were members.

I suppose there are hypocrites in any church but we make ourselves pretty small when we hide behind the hypocrite as an excuse to close off the whole experience.

Often services would continue as late as eleven p.m. having begun just before dark. The church was lit by rows of kerosene lamps mounted on the walls just below the ceiling. (No electricity there at the time.) There was a band of a couple of guitars, drum. tambourine, base fiddle and sometimes an accordion and violin. The music was usually quite spirited. (Forrest Green was one of the guitarists)

The sermons were kind of interactive with the congregation contributing lots of “Amen”, “Praise The Lord”, “Yes, Jesus” and etc.

As the night drew on women with babies and young children spread quilts they had brought on the floor and lay the children down to sleep. Being accustomed to this the little ones slept through the sometimes noisy celebration of faith.
I have seen people in the Spirit lay on the floor (not dirt, clean floor) with people around them laying on hands and praying. I have seen a lady in high heels and dress jump from the back of one pew to the next all the way to the front and back again in ecstasy. The mothers of the sleeping children, eyes closed, hands raised in adoration, speaking in “tongues” or possibly just babbling with joy, never step on or awaken the sleeping children all around where they danced.

Most memorable was the night the preacher called for all young people to come to the front and form a circle holding hands while we sang. Two friends were directly across from me in the circle. We sang one song after another while there was shouting going on all over the church. I don’t recall for sure but thing we were singing , “Victory in Jesus” and “Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory” (The Half Has Never Yet Been Told.) When the two friends began to vibrate as if they were on a vibrating machine and slowly lift off the floor for 6 to 8 inches.

After the services closed I went to them and asked how it felt. They replied that they could not explain, only that it was wonderful.

I have been to services in a couple of other Charismatic churches in recent years but none quite as impressive as that one long ago.

Although I enjoyed it and was blessed, it simply is not the way I respond.

I thank God for the different ways of worship and the blessings of sincere worship in the variety.
Old 20-06-2012, 08:31 AM
TeeHee

Quote:

We are just normal people like anyone and that pastor is just a normal guy that works for a living too.

I guess what is normal is decided by society today. And that may differ from country to country. In my country fornication and adultery along with a host of other fine worldly characteristics dominate our media, secular institutions, and political offices. That is the norm.... If someone in religious institutions makes a slip up and just becomes one of the guys, we hear about it in the media. Unless you associate yourself with the "worldly" then don't speak such lies.

Naa, we're not normal. We are the out-called ones.
Old 20-06-2012, 09:26 AM
S-word

Quote:
not even if they look cute and smell good? I'm not that fussy lol. I like it when the girls cuddle me too. :P

All the girls who look cute and smell good, have got too many moving parts for an old bloke like me.
Old 20-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:

Were you talking about yourself here, S?

You know, what you are referring to is human nature, which of course the Bible, and religiion in general, well attests of.
True?

heck, decades ago I went to a Methodist church for the first time with my sister. Who, turning to the lady next to her in the pew said, "Good Morning".
The response from the woman was an upturned nose and turn of the head. I thought, "Wow, really?"
Now, generally, Methodists are nice people, aren't they, but, you really can't judge a church by just one or several people involved.
Should you?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-06-2012, 07:01 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Were you talking about yourself here, S?

You know, what you are referring to is human nature, which of course the Bible, and religiion in general, well attests of.
True?

heck, decades ago I went to a Methodist church for the first time with my sister. Who, turning to the lady next to her in the pew said, "Good Morning".
The response from the woman was an upturned nose and turn of the head. I thought, "Wow, really?"
Now, generally, Methodists are nice people, aren't they, but, you really can't judge a church by just one or several people involved.
Should you?

Yes, I realise that pretentiousness is a human trait that is found among people who are not true to "Who They Are," and wish to hide behind a false facade. But you'll find no guile in this old fellow matey.

If the example you give in your attempt to show the opposite side of those who wish to hug you in the churches, is a true story or not is really irrelevant. I believe that the woman in your story, who snubbed your wife, took that same trait of pretentiousness to its extreme, in that she believed that she was just too good a person to be associated with, (What she believed) was riff-raff, such as your wife.

I believe that in most cases I treat people with respect, but I will always defend my belief and attack the belief of any, whose lies, whether deliberate, or unintentional, owing to the deceptive teaching by which they have been indoctrinated, bring into disrepute the truths within the unleavened bread that has come down to us from the heights of time. (Beware of the added yeast of the Pharisees) If they are offended by the truth of God's word, then it is not I who have offended them, but the word of God.
Old 22-06-2012, 11:14 AM
hasbean

S-word. It sounds like you have had some bad experiences in the churches. So have I, but the wheat is still growing in the midst of the weeds (Matt 13:24-30) nevertheless. I think it's getting worse though and the callous attitude that you speak of is indicative of the moral decline of the world in general (Churches in particular).

That is where I can see the point in what ciel_perdu was saying earlier about believers needing to stick together and share with each other, like the early Christians did (Acts 2:44-46, Acts 4:32). They took care of their old folk in those days.

As far as this business of "working for a living" goes, the only work that really matters is working for the Lord. If we do that he will take care of us (Matt 6:24-34)! He did (after all) create the universe without our help.
Old 22-06-2012, 11:57 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasbean
S-word. It sounds like you have had some bad experiences in the churches. So have I, but the wheat is still growing in the midst of the weeds (Matt 13:24-30) nevertheless. I think it's getting worse though and the callous attitude that you speak of is indicative of the moral decline of the world in general (Churches in particular).

That is where I can see the point in what ciel_perdu was saying earlier about believers needing to stick together and share with each other, like the early Christians did (Acts 2:44-46, Acts 4:32). They took care of their old folk in those days.

As far as this business of "working for a living" goes, the only work that really matters is working for the Lord. If we do that he will take care of us (Matt 6:24-34)! He did (after all) create the universe without our help.

[hasbean wrote].....S-word. It sounds like you have had some bad experiences in the churches. So have I, but the wheat is still growing in the midst of the weeds (Matt 13:24-30) nevertheless. I think it's getting worse though and the callous attitude that you speak of is indicative of the moral decline of the world in general (Churches in particular).

[S-word's Response].....You may have had some bad experiences with the churches, but not me.
For the wife's benefit, we were married in a church neigh on 50 years ago, and being married to the most wonderful woman in God's world, was the greatest of all experiences.

My mother's funeral was in a church, sad, but boring, my father's was held in the middle of a football field, with no attending priest at the old man's request, that was a really wonderful experience.

[hasbean wrote]....That is where I can see the point in what ciel_perdu was saying earlier about believers needing to stick together and share with each other, like the early Christians did (Acts 2:44-46, Acts 4:32). They took care of their old folk in those days.

[S-word's Response].... Believers in what, the unleaven bread which came down to us from the very heights of time, or the loaf that has been polluted by the yeast that has been added by the universal church, which is offered by the church of Constantine, and all her daughter denominations that were spawned from her spirit=false doctrines, (Words are spirit).

[hasbean wrote]....As far as this business of "working for a living" goes, the only work that really matters is working for the Lord. If we do that he will take care of us (Matt 6:24-34)! He did (after all) create the universe without our help.

[S-word's Response]....If you are saying that we should be working to reveal the Manna from heaven that has been hidden within the rising loaf that has been polluted by the yeast of the priests, then with this I agree.

BEWARE OF THE YEAST OF THE PHARISEES.
Old 22-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
... they all want to hug you and it makes my skin crawl.
I swear that I can smell the pompous. pious self righteousness oozing from their pours.
What were they pouring?

The charismatic church I've been to a few times had a buxom, black lady hugging
people as they walked in and I never felt such pure love from a stranger in my
life...WHAT A HUG!!!
I melted.
Must be like going to Amma for a hug.

I'm so glad to be me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru