Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-03-2019, 02:22 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

The mind, which some call consciousness, lives on after the brain dies with the body. That is the conventional understaning for many of us.

Naturally there are those who think differently. Are they using their brain to reach that conclusion?

John

Hi there,

Yes I see what you mean, that's the thinking part, right? What about memories? What happens to them? What happens to all what we learnt (all the information) in a lifetime assuming they are not passed down?

For the 2nd part, I assume yes they are using their brains as a receiver to reach that conclusion but that means their mind is not aware of the brain statements? So the blunt answer is... I don't know

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 11-03-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
There's still a debate going on between nature versus nurture, truth, agenda, mind control... It's a mess, quite frankly. There are gaps in the evolutionary chain and genetic anomalies cropping up all over the place.

I could try and explain how I experience it but frankly I'd struggle with the words. What I can say is that I feel a shift in consciousness and feel 'energetically different'. Others contact Spirit through meditation. I don't think anybody really understands the underlying 'mechanics' of it.

What I know from experience is that mind can 'detach' itself, essentially. When I was young my mind would detach itself a the threat of trauma to the extent that I was conscious of being beside 'myself' while my physical body.... Something similar happened in a car crash I was in, I was in a very dark place and conscious of almost nothing while my brain/body did what was necessary to survive. The brain did what it needed to do to keep me alive, the mind detached' or shut itself off from what was happening and had next to no input whatsoever, while the consciousness remained conscious of what was going on.

Consciousness is emergent, and that's the key understanding.

The brain's activity is essentially electical and chemical processes, which means energy at the quantum level. It's common sense to think that if there is knowledge that was gained by the brain that still is available after death then there are few options as to how that happens.

Consciousness is not linear with time, time is linear because of our perceptions of it and those are initially generated by the mind that was 'designed' to work the way it does, as a mechanism with which to 'navigate' this realm of existence. Consciousness can and does 'navigate' the linear timeline.

Other than that, have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzCvlFRISIM

Neither, there is an interdependency between the brain, the mind and the medium's conversation so all three are needed. The brain can work independently as my own experiences have shown me, and without the brain all bodily functions - especially breathing - would cease. It's an input/output processor. The mind 'interprets' or 'translates' the input between the physical and Spirit while the consciousness 'vibrates' (although 'vibrates' is actually the wrong word) somewhere between human and Spirit. The medium's conversation is a two way process, so information is received from Spirit, 'interpreted' and 'translated' by the mind then passed to the mind to be relayed/spoken. It's a Spirit-mind-brain process, simply. If the input from the person is confusion for instance, the medium will then ask Spirit for clarification, and in that case it becomes a brain-mind-Spirit process. Consciousness and/or awareness happens at all of those levels and of the process itself.

The mind, the brain and the consciousness are all 'autonomous' yet are inter-connected, and that's the understanding that's missing from all of this. Spirituality and science are inter-connected, they are not contradictory but are simply different perspectives of "All That Is." Some people can't get their heads around the idea that one plus one equals three.

Cheers for the answer, I enjoyed the last part, 1+1 = 3 , I get what you mean.

If each of them is autonomous, it means that even after death the 2 remaining parts (consciousness+mind) will still work on their own, right? Still... what about memories? What happens to them? What happens to all what we learnt (all the information) in a lifetime assuming they are not passed down?

Just the noggin will stop functioning, so this means in a way, we will still be alive as consciousness+mind. If the brain will eventually die, the mind+consciousness won't perceive the reality as everything dark as you described but still aware?

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 11-03-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Knower

I was wondering, you know in history, name it time as we perceive it here, wars happened, as well as fights (even today, in present)

Some people believe in Spirit Guides, Angels, whatever you name them. Why didn't those Guardians go in/interfere to stop humanity from going to wars or do bad things that could possibly turn humanity extinct like World War 2?

During wars or fights or arguments, did the Spirit Guides of each individual fight with the other individual as well?

I guess in Medieval Wars, people won't even mourn/grief their family members after their death, so what would happen with the dead's spirit?

What would have happened with people's spirit that die suddenly in war (by arrow, sword, tank, gun, nuclear warhead bombs, etc) ? For example Hiroshima or Nagasaki nuclear bomb explosion mass victim's last Earthly memories would be seeing the incoming blast towards them before turning blind. What I'm trying to ask is: There were lots of bodies dying in close proximity (like in every war, even medieval), so what would happen to that souls/spirits, would they be near each other after their bodily death? Where would they have gone? So their physical vehicle died, but are they still alive as mind + consciousness? Do they still have their memories with them? In NDE I guess each individual makes their own reality, that's why some see green gardens, tunnel, family members, but what about death? Would that be the same?

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 11-03-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Some people believe in Spirit Guides, Angels, whatever you name them. Why didn't those Guardians go in/interfere to stop humanity from going to wars or do bad things that could possibly turn humanity extinct like World War 2?

During wars or fights or arguments, did the Spirit Guides of each individual fight with the other individual as well?

We can only guess what went on behind the scenes in conflicts such as the 20th century World Wars. Many believe that there is a Hierarchy of Spiritual Beings who were deeply involved in the conflict but who were constrained from direct interference with the free will of humanity. On the other side were agents of the Forces of Darkness who were only too willing to manipulate humanity for their own purposes. This conflict between the Forces of Light and the Forces of Darkness is said to go back to Atlantean times.

And there is also the karma of humanity playing itself out. It is suggested that it need not have manifested as physical warfare, but in the end that was the route that humanity took.

The Externalisation of the Hierarchy by Alice Bailey provides some fascinating insights into those times and the spiritual aspects behind it all, but it is not light reading.

Peace.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi there,

Yes I see what you mean, that's the thinking part, right? What about memories? What happens to them? What happens to all what we learnt (all the information) in a lifetime assuming they are not passed down?

For the 2nd part, I assume yes they are using their brains as a receiver to reach that conclusion but that means their mind is not aware of the brain statements? So the blunt answer is... I don't know

Hi,

My understanding is that the soul has its own kind of memory systems. The word most often associated with is the akashic records.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

Now what gets into our brain from previous life time depends on how much we meditate essentially.

The logical brain does not receive information, it observes and concludes. It is a computer. It remembers everything it observes and it will base its reality on strictly physical evidence. Unless to train it to be more expansive, it will define reality for you based on its observations and not deductive reasoning.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 12-03-2019, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Some people believe in Spirit Guides, Angels....
Why didn't those Guardians go in/interfere to stop humanity from......
You could have the most gentle man in front of you in the flesh and still send him to be murdered...
if one's heart is hardened and set...no one can get through...a human advisor or a spirit advisor.

(I do dislike when my spiritual friends or God get blamed, sorry.)

A spirit guide can tell you every day to take a jacket of an umbrella and you still don't listen...
it's not the angels or guides 'fault', Edmund.
When anything ever happens...always look to yourself...never blame anything else outside of yourself...
and that goes for a hit and run dent in your car...it's all about you...and your beliefs...and what you focus on...or maybe karma.

Don't believe me...observe and see.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-03-2019, 05:10 AM
janielee

Quote:

Naturally there are those who think differently. Are they using their brain to reach that conclusion?

John

Excellent point
Old 12-03-2019, 09:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Cheers for the answer, I enjoyed the last part, 1+1 = 3 , I get what you mean.

If each of them is autonomous, it means that even after death the 2 remaining parts (consciousness+mind) will still work on their own, right? Still... what about memories? What happens to them? What happens to all what we learnt (all the information) in a lifetime assuming they are not passed down?

Just the noggin will stop functioning, so this means in a way, we will still be alive as consciousness+mind. If the brain will eventually die, the mind+consciousness won't perceive the reality as everything dark as you described but still aware?
It's in the space of 1+1=3 that all the good realisations happen because it's gives you four dimensions. Often Spirituality is one-dimensional.

The other two are not considered to be organic, but again the jury is still out on the mind. There isn't enough known about memories. What is known is that accessing memories can light up certain parts of the brain and it's been thought in the past that that's where they're stored. Today there's uncertainty but more and more it's pointing to somewhere external to the organic brain. I can't help wonder if memories aren't stored in the consciousness. The information/memories are passed on and certainly accessible to Spirit, who can pass it on via mediums for instance. That means it survives physical death.

We still don't really understand what 'alive' means, not really. From my experience as a medium personality traits can also survive physical death, and those are more associated with the brain rather than mind or consciousness. The way we experience reality will be like the movie "What Dreams May Come," the central theme of that being that reality 'up there' is how we choose to perceive it. Think of the double-slit experiment.

In many ways reality 'down here' is just like the double-slit experiment - or at least our own realities are. Looking at the world through the lens of Spirituality is consciousness collapsing the wave function.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
The understanding of this doesn't come from Spirituality per se but in human ethics. Spirit Guides and angels respect our Free Will and as part of that we have the Free Will - as Spirit - to choose to go to war if that aids our Spiritual development - and the 'greater good'. Life's Purpose/Karmic Obligations and all that. Life's Purpose/Karmic Obligations are warm, fuzzy notions and sound great on their own, but when it comes to any kind of suffering they fly out of the window in abject horror.

Quote:
Where would they have gone? So their physical vehicle died, but are they still alive as mind + consciousness? Do they still have their memories with them?
The human mind couldn't begin to comprehend it.

Quote:
In NDE I guess each individual makes their own reality, that's why some see green gardens, tunnel, family members, but what about death? Would that be the same?
There are central themes that run through people's experiences within NDEs which are avatars of the collective unconsciousness, as Jung would put it. Those are usually around the theme of peace and security, so angels, gardens, family members, God himself all provide a sense of security and peace to the experiencer in their transition. Same with death.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
The logical brain does not receive information, it observes and concludes. It is a computer. It remembers everything it observes and it will base its reality on strictly physical evidence. Unless to train it to be more expansive, it will define reality for you based on its observations and not deductive reasoning.
There is no such thing as a 'logical brain' but there is a brain that is logical. The brain was 'designed' to process information and that remains it's primary function. The brain that came up with that post is the same brain that creates three separate channels from eye input, processes them and puts them back together again into what we perceive as seamless motion. The 'logical' part of the brain is how the information is actually processed, the context. As far as the brain is concerned Spiritual information is no different to any other learned information, if you base your Spirituality on books and YouTubes. It's simply been categorised and 'filed' accordingly, then meaning attached to it.

The jury is still out on whether the brain is a storage medium for memories or a storage and access mechanism.

Your reality is not defined by observations nor deductive reasoning, it is defined by your definitions and at the core is survival, then the subconscious and in the conscious mind, mostly agenda. You have reasons for everything you think. And 'expansive' is a very relative term.

Quote:
They can't do otherwise and that same brain is used to come to Spiritual conclusions.