Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-03-2024, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Really? Sounds exclusivist. Others may disagree.
I did say hard -not impossible. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-03-2024, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I did say hard -not impossible. :)

For many (if not most worldwide) people believing in God there is no belief in past lives. So believing such and such doesn't make it easier to have a 'past life memory'.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
Our memories are said to be recorded chemically in our brains. If we experienced previous lives, any memories of those times could not have been recorded in the same way that memories are recorded now.

Past life memories will be recorded in our psyches (to a greater or lesser degree) and someone sensitive is more likely to be able to access them than someone who is not psychically-sensitive.

Hello Boyce, I guess that is one possibility. And perhaps the brain downloads it from what you call psyche.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:23 PM
ref back to Post 26, 29 and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
For many (if not most worldwide) people believing in God there is no belief in past lives.
So believing such and such doesn't make it easier to have a 'past life memory'.
I thought I was responding your question WHY is it not obvious for most people? No? Re: remembering past lives.

My thinking: IF you are a believer in God (forgetting Christians that do not realize reincarnation IS in the Bible)...the answer
could be as easy as ---
"God is a gamer." That is why Hindus call it a Lila - a play, a dance.
God can play all He wants with this whole Cosmic Play.

BUT, if a person wants to figure our medically why the brain is not forthcoming remembering past lives...I believe
the answer would be harder to find.
Now, could I be wrong ...and it is actually easier? Sure.

Could medical people stimulate an area of the brain and Shazam! ---we see past lives. Sure.
But then, why was that part asleep? (I thought that was your ques.)
I personally think the answer to that would be harder to find.

While I would say because that's the way God planned it to be...so when we are ready that area would 'awaken'.
Easy answer that would not satisfy the non-believer, at all.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-03-2024, 09:09 PM
duck2929

One thing I have been told once by a medium, is that we do not necessarily remember past lives because it was not you in a past life, but another person your soul decided to connect to for a lifetime.
So it would be like.. if you, Altair for example do not necessarily remember past lives, but can, it's because your soul is tied to you and those people your soul was tied to during these other lives.
Sorry I can't provide more insight.

In "my" past life, I ended up being assassinated. I didn't specifically look for the memories, but they came to me on their own. I was able to deflect an attempt, but eventually ended up being poisoned.

I sure wish I wouldn't have remembered that!
But sometimes, stories span over multiple lifetimes, so I read.
For reasons we couldn't be able to comprehend along the road.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:55 PM
Interesting, duck.
I had a thought after reading it...what if it does NO good remembering.
(To answer 'why' most don't have memories of any.)

Now for me, past scenes from about 4,5 lives did me a TON of good...
and they also suddenly 'came' to me...I handle them better now...not being stunned for hours, I mean. :)
I am VERY humbled when they are shown to me...and grateful to God for revealing these to me.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:20 PM
duck2929

Well Miss Hepburn, I wanted to remember at first because as wstein pointed at in post #13 I was looking for the answers to my problems in the last life. And now it makes zero doubt that yes, it is tied to it.
The few glimpses of that last lifetime were sent to me through dreams in this one, and well, I can tell without a doubt it wasn't because I asked, but rather there was a plot I was to continue following. And play my part. If anything, I got really.. jumpy, to say the least, for a few months.
My personal take: we get to know when it matters. And sometimes, some stuff carries over lifetimes for, well...

Only God knows what reason.

However I'll say this: I have never felt more "taken care of", since I finally accepted such things could happen and it is neither right nor wrong, it just does.
We're just led from here to there and where we land, we're expected to just be ourselves. Very comforting in my opinion!
Old 04-03-2024, 10:48 PM
Master
Interesting claim made by Vivekananda, he says that with semen retention one can achieve unfailing memory. Perhaps a past life memory could be 'downloaded' along that way. He says it requires 12 years of strict adherence (in thought, word and deed) and it makes much possible. Anyone here with experience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4SQ...el=SupremeYogi
Old 04-03-2024, 10:51 PM
duck2929

12 years huh... Nah dude, no luck here.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2929
12 years huh... Nah dude, no luck here.

What's your record, Duck?
I find it an interesting topic, and can be integrated here with Vivekananda's point. I actually do have more clarity of mind when abstaining for periods so there is something to it. 12 years of total abstinence (including thought) is hardcore. Might be something to it.