Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 01-12-2022, 06:40 PM
Master

USA look good, quite impressed by them, England you just wouldn't know atm
they are playing Senegal and if they win ..they face France in the quarters
Argentina are slowly improving but whether they have the team atm to win it
not sure. Brazil, Spain and France all looking very good.

__________________________________________________ _________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 02-12-2022, 03:24 AM
Master

USA doing well . Yes, Brazil , Spain, France, and Portugal as you would expect.
Argentina have been poor, and look at Germany !!!!! A shock that they didn't make it out of the group ( There's hope for England..can't get beaten on penalties by Germany now LOL)....
But what about Japan ?... How well have they done ? Wow.
I had a feeling the winner this time would NOT be European. I was thinking Brazil , but could well be an Asian country .
Even African . Senegal could beat England .
Old 02-12-2022, 07:26 AM
Master

Germany out, hard to believe, lol @penalties. Spain and Germany were
both out at one stage lol. Felt Mexico deserved to go through as Poland
seemed very static.The minnows seem to be
doing great Japan, Australia, USA and Senegal etc. They seem to have
great togetherness and great work ethic overcoming the abundance of
individual talent in other teams, you never know. It has never happened
i don't think in a World that one of the smaller teams won it. The Euros
definitely with Greece and Denmark both with shock wins.
England you never know, I won't be disappointed to see them winning but
perhaps Southgate is too defensive at the end of the day to win anything.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 02-12-2022, 07:48 AM
Master

Hi Joe. I said even before it started I thought there would be a lot of shock results ... The biggest of course being that ITALY didn't even qualify LOL.. !!! Sweden too !
Belgium and Denmark have been poor.
Mexico yes, and in particular Croatia can't be ruled out ( even though I still feel not a European win..)...
Hmmm I might disagree a little with you about Southgate . England are typically renowned for sitting on one goal and defending , but I feel that was the England of the past . In 2018 they got to the quarter finals with Southgate and then to the final with Italy in Euros ... The most they have acheived since the 66 victory ( for which we are never allowed to forget)...
I think the problem Southgate has for Sundays match with Senegal is the starting line up... He changed it completely for the Wales game . So does he stick with that or go back to original line up ??
It's a dilemma . There are still some very very strong players . Sterling, saka , Bellingham , Trippier , macquire , rashford ....
I honestly don't know what he'll do.
Old 02-12-2022, 08:05 AM
Master

Got to give a big shout out though to Jude Bellingham ( cool name), age 19 and opening the scoring for England against Iran..That's some achievement....
( The fact that he's my nephew is of little consequence !! JOKING ...)
Old 02-12-2022, 08:48 AM
Master
I did not see anything yesterday because of work and drinking afterwards, but I don't mind that Belgium and Germany are out! Although it would have been better for the game itself if Germany had gone through. I notice many people like surprises at a world cup, but give me some good classics with the best players playing against one another. Spain vs. Germany was a better match than Australia vs. Tunisia, with all respect.

So, looks like a quarter final of Netherlands vs. Argentina is still possible. I have a feeling that England may surprise France. They have a lot of eager talent, and then there's always Harry Kane. England haven't looked this decent in probably 16 years or something. If I were English I would be excited.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:07 AM
Master

Hi Altair , I know what you mean about Germany and the classic games , but seriously they have always been our Nemesis LOL.
Your team are doing ok and holding their own...
As for us, I know on paper they are looking good , and Yes, got to stay positive , but also have to remember that our group was one of the better draws we could have hoped for .
( Again , due respect to Wales , USA , and Iran ..)
Oh but a lot of good games hopefully over the next two days to look forward to to see what's what ...
Old 02-12-2022, 09:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Hmmm I might disagree a little with you about Southgate . England are typically renowned for sitting on one goal and defending , but I feel that was the England of the past .

Yes I think you're right there about Southgate, he has done very well by
anyone's standards but some folks are saying he freezes when key decisions are needed during the game, different formation, subs and that kind of stuff.
But as you say he really is being judged by the 1966 Standards and folks are
desperate for England to win a trophy and pushing for that and being hypercritical of Southgate.
Example being the Euros final, England sat back on the 1-0, it was obvious that Italy were beginning to control the game. Gareth in that situation needed
to do something tactically and didn't, penalty takers was also a mistake. But he has done very well overall since he took over hasn't he ?
Yes he is some player that Jude Bellingham, he has some engine on him as they say, running all day long. Will be interesting to see how he develops.
I think England should of won the 1990 world cup and 1996 euros were very
unlucky on both occasions whether Southgate has really moved them into pole position as Del Boy might say being from Peckham and all that ( btw dont go to Buckingham Palace if you're from Peckham (but where are you really from !!! lololol.) i couldnt resist that ! ...

__________________________________________________ ___________

Old 02-12-2022, 09:49 AM
Master

Hi Joe... Yes, every now and again we will shout at the TV to ask Southgate what he's doing!!!! That a change is needed or why he make that choice etc etc...
The Euro team that nearly won created the most excitement in England since '66. How sad is that ? LOL...

But since this thread IS about football , I should like to congratulate our Ladies football team for their very recent success... Well done girls ...

Oh aye... Del Boy LOL... No doubt would have been selling dodgy tickets to go to Quatar heehee...he was brilliant ...
Yes , Peckham heights !!! A far cry from the palace !!!
Although in real life I'm from somewhere even more "grim" than Peckham... It's called "up north" LOL....
Old 02-12-2022, 09:50 AM
Master

...And oh I DO miss Republic Of Ireland in the world cup ...
They brought so much to the games and the fans were AMAZING .