Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 AM
Ascender

Not your mistake David, for I see that I failed to make it clear that post 34 is an attempt to suggest that:-- in any case, be it 70 hrs or 2000 years or whatever, the duration of an event which precipitates change is not necessarily an indication of the magnitude of the effect of that event. Imo.

petex

Added later using edit facility:-

Again I stumble I think, for what is "magnitude", who or what measures it and using what criteria? Would "final outcome" rather than "magnitude of the effect" be more meaningful, less subjective? And when is "final" to be announced and by what means, by who or what?

Help and thoughts welcomed.

Last edited by weareunity : 01-11-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
post 34 is an attempt to suggest that:-- in any case, be it 70 hrs or 2000 years or whatever, the duration of an event which precipitates change is not necessarily an indication of the magnitude of the effect of that event.
That came through . though based on what I have read about Jesus's incarnational development and corollary 'mission', I would say these were faaaar from a being 70-hour 'instantaneous' event-happening.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
What is "magnitude", who or what measures it and using what criteria? Would "final outcome" rather than "magnitude of the effect" be more meaningful, less subjective? And when is "final" to be announced and by what means, by who or what?

Help and thoughts welcomed.
Hello again, Petex,

For what it may be worth in terms of thought-stimulus value in the above regard, more from my treatise, titled "What Did Jesus Really Mean?":
Those of us who are in the know in this regard have much cause to celebrate because, for many, the ‘future’ that he referenced is happening now. And we may celebrate without reservation even though an even greater number clearly aren’t presently willing or able to partake of the ‘event’, because we know that there will be additional seasonal harvests and thanksgivings in the same regard in future futures, wherein and whereby souls that have not yet evolved to the point where they are whole‑mind-n-heart-edly desirous of and so choose to completely commit themselves to being self-transcendentally aligned with Life Itself will then also have the opportunity to likewise holistically mature.

Personal experiences of such ‘happenings’ have been variously described: Some allegorically speak of their having been ‘hooked’ or ‘netted’ (in many cases, even against their ‘will’!) by a superordinately powerful ‘fisherman’ and, now that they have stopped (egotistically) struggling and trying to ‘get away’ from being so ‘caught’, finally, with great ‘relief’, living in a glorious state of self-‘surrender’. Others frame their experience in terms of their having been ‘wooed’ and ‘embraced’ by, and so ‘yielded’ themselves to, an irresistibly desirable ‘lover’. The amorous lyrics of the Jewish Song of Solomon, Christian extolations of being a ‘bride’ of Christ, and the ecstatic writings of Islamic mystics such as Rumi and Hafez all come to mind in this regard. Still others describe it as a ‘dawning’ of crystal clear ‘awareness’, whereby and wherein they realize that the choices they had made stemming from the selfish ideology they previously embraced just led to their continuing to experience bouts of disappointment, dissatisfaction and ennui, and their consequently becoming and continuing to be deeply appreciative of and grateful for the opportunity to soulfully return ‘home’ and become a ‘member’ of the ‘family’ of Life Itself, where they then see and feel that they really ‘belong’. The story of The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-24) comes most to mind in this regard. And others still, perhaps because they are more mentally (i.e., less emotionally) oriented, simply envision and more or less prosaically describe such happening as just being the logical outcome of their learning from what others have articulated about their observations, deductions, choices and consequent experiences, as well as from their own observations, deductions, choices and consequent experiences in said regards, how to fully engage in loving and joyful relationship to and with others around them as well as Life-at-Large in salutary ways.

Caveat, in all of the foregoing regards, as well as others not categorically mentioned: It may take quite a while (possibly more than a lifetime even!) for all of the implications of what is thereby realized to be fully absorbed, integrated and functionally implemented in soulful terms. Breakthrough insights along such lines may be extremely impressive, light bulb getting turned on in a previously dark room with the flip of a switch kinds of events, so impressive that said ‘room’ itself, as then seen, may become a “nothing could possibly be ‘better’ than this” kind of logistically self‑reifying, hence soul-growth confining and further spiritual-evolution stopping, belief ‘box’, which not infrequently leads to folks becoming ensconced in grotesquely demoniacal (as seen by anyone who isn’t similarly deluded, that is!) box‑smugness☺ wherefrom they regard and relate to others who don’t live in the same ‘box’ in condescending (hence ultimately Love‑and-Joy-in-relation-to-and-with-others diminishing!) ways. To make sure such an attitude doesn’t ‘infect’ you, especially when and as you hear others reinforcingly describing ‘enlightenment’ experiences similar to yours in ‘glowing’ terms, be sure to always remind yourself of the fact that every soul’s ‘journey’ is unique and that said evolutionary journey never ends. Infinity extends in every direction. The projection that there is some kind of ‘ultimate’, or ‘greatest’ possible, realization beyond which there is nothing more or different to realize is delusional!
Old 01-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Master
More from said treatise which I hope what follows will engtice you to download and read/consider in its entirety, in response to:

Quote:
Hello all.
When we look at:-
"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
What do we see? What do we understand?
Is "I" reference to a person or reference to a personification?--a personification of a way of being?
If reference to a way of being, then what is that "way"?
And to where or what does this way lead?
From A to B is a way, is from B to A the same way?
petex
Souls ‘graduate’ from Earthly-life’s ‘school’ when their reincarnational learning and development ‘curriculum’ has thus [referencing what was sketched out prior to this point] been completed. Having realized their Cosmic ‘I’dentity (termed ‘Christhood’ by some and spoken of as [every]one’s ‘Buddha Nature’ by others) to be The Spirit of Life Itself, such souls operationally function as full-fledged colleagues of what Jesus referenced as ‘the Father’ from then on. Those who have grasped the fact that the pronouns I and me as used in Jesus’ statements actually reference The Entity (i.e., the entirety) of Life’s Flow – Why? Because, as elucidated in Chapter 1, he personally completely ‘i’dentified with It! – who now also grok the fact that the above-described reincarnational learning-and‑development-leading-to-graduation process is what ‘leads’ to such collegial recombination, will have no trouble recognizing that it is said all‑encompassing Flow-phenom, and not himself personally, that Jesus was referencing when he emphatically declared: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me!” (John 14:6)

Now, everything and so everyone in existence (i.e ‘in’ the realm of Creation) is an expression and so an extension of said Father’s (i.e., The Creator’s) Being. So nothing and no one can ever really be separate from ‘Him’ in the first place. What the idea that one may ‘come unto’ ‘the Father’ as a soul stems from is the ‘higher order’ exponential (as in f(x)= x to the nth power) growth‑capacity referencing matrixial truth that one may, by (way of) participating in said reincarnational learning and development process (eventually) become aware of one’s ‘Oneness’ with ‘the Father’ and so, possibly, electively choose to refine one’s motivation and improve the quality of one’s engagement with Life and others in It with the aim of becoming, and thereby actually (eventually) ‘grow’ into being, a full‑fledged partner in said “Father’s” Love and Joy ‘business’ venture. It is (only!) by repeatedly incarnating as (student) ‘drivers’ in Love and Joy experience-and-expression-capable (body) ‘vehicles’, learning from their successes as well as their failures and consequently becoming more expansively aware and broadly capable along said ‘way’, that souls may (eventually) reach the point where they meaningfully comprehend, integrally embrace and consciously choose to act in accord with the fact that the gestalts of their and others’ selfhoods are really subsidiary ‘i’dentities spawned and animated by our ‘Father’ for the purpose of effectuating and further exploring (as yet) unrealized Love and Joy experience↔expression possibilities. They thereby enter ‘into’ conscious communion with The Life of said Father and then, assuming they continue to function in such ‘unified’ mode (this always remains a matter of choice), ‘eternally’ live so thereafter.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Master
In the Old Testament, it appears numerous groups came up with various information about the one who the New Testament writers would claim was Jesus in his pre-human existence.

For example, there were the Elohist, Deuteronomist, Yahwist, Priestly groups/sources and probably other sources. It appears Jesus and his immediate followers never were aware of these groups.

Now back to the thought of this thread: "Thoughts about the mission of Christ".

Being Jesus was the first born of creation and everything else was
created thru him, I suspect his whole life was preordained by 'God'.

If so, why would 'God' established such an arrangement?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 03-11-2019, 04:37 AM
Ascender

Hello all.

Thinking that if we use an open mind, it is reasonable to suggest that in that part of mind which grapples with feelings of insecurity/security there may arise a powerful need to make great effort to close the doors of uncertainty with answers.

If this is the case, then it may be that there are answers which become formulated and accepted for use for this purpose not because they are "valid" answers to questions, but because they are provide answers to need itself.

Perhaps initially by accident, and subsequently possibly be design, the provision of such answers is found to give particular opportunities to those whose endeavours in providing answers is found to give them a place of prominence--a place pleasing to a mind seeking a sense of security.

This place itself may then become so much in need of protection that the mind so preoccupied ceases to be able, or to be inclined, to be open, to enquire.--and if sufficiently prominent, ceases to allow enquiry

The understanding of what may be the motivation of mind which allows mind to remain open, unperturbed, is Imo central to the mission of Jesus.--and the practice of that understanding also providing that peace of mind which does not require the closing of doors.

petex
Old 03-11-2019, 08:05 AM
MAYA EL

That's a lot of word salad you can got there.
Remember this is all assuming the authenticity of the bible is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
More from said treatise which I hope what follows will engtice you to download and read/consider in its entirety, in response to:
Souls ‘graduate’ from Earthly-life’s ‘school’ when their reincarnational learning and development ‘curriculum’ has thus [referencing what was sketched out prior to this point] been completed. Having realized their Cosmic ‘I’dentity (termed ‘Christhood’ by some and spoken of as [every]one’s ‘Buddha Nature’ by others) to be The Spirit of Life Itself, such souls operationally function as full-fledged colleagues of what Jesus referenced as ‘the Father’ from then on. ...

Old 03-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hello again, Petex,

For what it may be worth in terms of thought-stimulus value in the above regard, more from my treatise, titled "What Did Jesus Really Mean?":
[indent][size=3]Those of us who are in the know in this regard have much

]

Really!! Personally I would hesitate to state such a thing - but one never knows...

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
That's a lot of word salad you can got there.
Remember this is all assuming the authenticity of the bible is true.
No. It is my 'Theory of Everything', i.e. my 'Best Guess' in said regard. which incorporates (borrows from?) what I think Jesus meant by the various things he said (as alluded to and 'reported' in the Bible). If you ever read my treatise, which you may well not, you will see that there are other 'data' sources which this theory draws from and uses to support its validity as well.

You might(?) relate to what I say better of you think of me as a 'Knowledge Salad' Chef.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello all.

Thinking that if we use an open mind, it is reasonable to suggest that in that part of mind which grapples with feelings of insecurity/security there may arise a powerful need to make great effort to close the doors of uncertainty with answers.

If this is the case, then it may be that there are answers which become formulated and accepted for use for this purpose not because they are "valid" answers to questions, but because they are provide answers to need itself.

Perhaps initially by accident, and subsequently possibly be design, the provision of such answers is found to give particular opportunities to those whose endeavours in providing answers is found to give them a place of prominence--a place pleasing to a mind seeking a sense of security.

This place itself may then become so much in need of protection that the mind so preoccupied ceases to be able, or to be inclined, to be open, to enquire.--and if sufficiently prominent, ceases to allow enquiry

The understanding of what may be the motivation of mind which allows mind to remain open, unperturbed, is Imo central to the mission of Jesus.--and the practice of that understanding also providing that peace of mind which does not require the closing of doors.

petex
Agreed, Petex.

I would just qualify this by saying it is necessary to make and proceed on a 'best guess' basis (at any given point that is). If one always remains in 'enquiry' mode, uncertainties will result in one's never acting 'decisively' - as Shakespeare 'showed' by way of his 'story' about of Hamlet. In this case your prior conclusions led you to want to 'close' your mind to to the view (of Jesus) I shared, which you (apparently) then decided to do, did it not?

I in no way endorse 'the closing of doors' - I only invited you to peer through mine to 'see' if there was anything in my view of Jesus which augmented (i.e. meaningfully added to) yours.

Last edited by davidsun : 04-11-2019 at 12:52 AM.