Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 15-03-2023, 11:50 PM
Seeker

I didnt really follow wc but I remember Messi's team winning and Jungkook from BTS performed.
Old 16-03-2023, 07:33 AM
Master

Oh well that’s us outa the championships now. But at least we didn’t get thrashed! One nil ain’t so bad.

Gonna watch the game later on so don’t know much about it at this stage, but I believe they played YNWA at the end of the game. The reason they did this is because when their Hon President died (who was the equivalent of Shankley) we laid a wreath in Anfield in rememberance of him so I think it was showing respect for us. Class!!!

Another interesting thing is that the Madrid and LFC Fans BOTH booed the UEFA anthem. Apparently Madrid has taken legal action against UEFA for compensation for what happened to their fans. I’ve since read that a lot of them where beaten up, robbed and hospitalised. Shocking.

Oh well back to the drawing board!
Old 16-03-2023, 08:09 AM
Master

Bad luck Red. It was indeed a big ask . Maybe next time round.
As for the next world cup there are going to be some significant changes , one being how the group stages are played , which will involve more games I think. I was reading about it but can't remember the detail.
And I think in general there will HAVE to be changes.
Old 16-03-2023, 08:13 AM
Master

Hi Ruya... Was it the world cup in December last year ?
I don't remember Jungkook singing , but then again if it was in the opening ceremony I'm not sure it was televised in terrestrial TV here ( unless I just missed it which is possible ).
Old 16-03-2023, 11:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Bad luck Red. It was indeed a big ask . Maybe next time round.
As for the next world cup there are going to be some significant changes , one being how the group stages are played , which will involve more games I think. I was reading about it but can't remember the detail.
And I think in general there will HAVE to be changes.

Yes. Looks like 48 teams in 12 groups of 4 with something like 104 games being played. I think that’s overkill really, and that 32 teams and 64 games is an ideal number. But then, we adapt and get used to changes to competitions. I’m sure that I will overcome any misgivings and enjoy the tournament as I always do.
Old 17-03-2023, 03:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Neil
Yes. Looks like 48 teams in 12 groups of 4 with something like 104 games being played. I think that’s overkill really, and that 32 teams and 64 games is an ideal number. But then, we adapt and get used to changes to competitions. I’m sure that I will overcome any misgivings and enjoy the tournament as I always do.
Hi Neil.... I knew someone would know the exact facts ! I can't seem to retain information any more , old age and lack of oxygen LOL.
Oh it will suit me if they televise them all , the more the merrier for me, I cant get enough !!!!
Old 17-03-2023, 10:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Neil
Yes. Looks like 48 teams in 12 groups of 4 with something like 104 games being played. I think that’s overkill really, and that 32 teams and 64 games is an ideal number.

32 is indeed ideal. And they can switch the number of participants of each continent depending on confederation results.

8 groups of 4 is also ideal. There just aren't 48 good enough football countries. It's supposed to be a world cup, that's for the best of the best, a world cup is not supposed to be for everyone. It's a competition, not an all inclusive party. If your country can't qualify then you cheer for someone else..
Old 18-03-2023, 12:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
32 is indeed ideal. And they can switch the number of participants of each continent depending on confederation results.

8 groups of 4 is also ideal. There just aren't 48 good enough football countries. It's supposed to be a world cup, that's for the best of the best, a world cup is not supposed to be for everyone. It's a competition, not an all inclusive party. If your country can't qualify then you cheer for someone else..

No, teams have to get there on merit. When England failed to qualify for Euro 2008 for instance, I cheered for Spain instead. And I think that if a tournament gets too big, then the quality of play gets diluted. Lesser teams may just play defensively so that they don’t get beaten badly. Better to have two teams who each feel that they can win, and who then go for it.
Old 18-03-2023, 07:26 AM
Master

Oh my goodness I would have it on year round I love it so much.
Plus I'd have it every year !!!!
4 years is too long to wait and my time is short LOL....
Old 19-03-2023, 12:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Oh my goodness I would have it on year round I love it so much.
Plus I'd have it every year !!!!
4 years is too long to wait and my time is short LOL....

No not every year, it would lose what makes it so good in the first place: it’s rarity: the fact that we have to wait 4 years for it to come around.