Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarkjen
There's all kinds of wacky "twin flame" information out there. If it doesn't resonate with me, I don't spend time thinking about it. I had never heard the term "twin flame" before, but through endless research because I was desperate for information about this intense connection, I find that it's the best term to describe my connection.

I don't think labeling it boxes me in in any way--it's just handy to have some kind of reference point so I can look for information and discuss it with others.

For the record, I don't go for the "split" thing but I do think there is something to the same frequency/vibration concept--because I feel it. It's all very hard to describe and I constantly second-guess myself, but I have never even come close to the feelings I have for him with anyone else--and I'm old!

It is pretty much impossible for me to imagine being with anyone else--I have no interest or desire for that (and I'm married to someone else, so I have put this to the test...).

This is exactly how I feel.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Aquarian

Only read first page, totally agree with OP.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Loving_Soul

Strange - I don't find acknowledging I have a TF limits me - if anything it has removed limitations for me - perhaps it is all in the perception :)
Old 01-12-2012, 07:55 AM
zen_path

GM - you started a great discussion, and I don't have any problem at all that you don't believe in TF's. That's fine by me and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Open (and respectful) debate helps people process complex and sometimes contradictory info, and decide what fits for them.

That said, I am quite sure of what I feel, and while it's very nice to have sympathetic ears on this forum, I know that I would feel what I'm feeling without anyone else's validation.

I had no concept of a twin flame until I started looking for info to try to figure out what this bizarre experience was and if anyone else in the universe had felt something like this too. Couldn't ask anyone I knew, as I was afraid my friends would have thought I needed a nice break in a peaceful white room LOL!

Call it whatever you like - twin flame, twin soul, soulmate, soul connection
or Bob... let's call it Bob.

Whatever... to me it's a label to a set of events, feelings, sense of spiritual awakening, etc. etc. I agree with many of the posters that there is a bunch of, shall we say, 'questionable' twin flame material out there that seems intent to sell a book, or readings, or self-help courses. I just ignore anything that doesn't fit. I have no idea whether there is such a thing as split souls... not sure if I believe in past-lives. When I get to the other side perhaps I'll know! I'm quite happy to wait many decades for that opportunity :-) But after feeling the overwhelming intensity of this connection.. I'm much more open to new possibilities than before.

For me, my version of Bob is an intense emotional and spiritual connection complete with never-before felt physical/mental/emotional sensations, going through a process of learning to forgive others and myself for past hurts, feeling the power and joy of unconditional love, learning to let go and trust, feeling connected to (or even part of) the divine, and many more wonderful things that this Bob experience has taught me.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Ascender

The whole idea about TFs being the ultimate unconditional love gives the impression that this is impossible to accomplish this level with anyone else. That is very disturbing and confining to have this belief where its impossible to have this type of love with anyone else.

Lets assume that that there is such a thing as TFs. What if I'm not with my TF right now, but I just accomplished "the greatest ultimate unconditional love" with a soul mate. So for all you TF-believers, would you say what I just did is impossible because that person "is not my TF and I can only accomplish that with my TF"?

I prefer to have the belief that I am capable of accomplishing any type of "TF Love" and any type of "TF thing" with anyone & not just limit myself to one person and that I have the free will to do all this. Therefore, the whole TF idea love thing does not make sense to me at all.

Quote:
You are correct that you have more than one soul mate and having a tf does NOT limit you from that. Having only one TF is no different than having only one biological mother. Does having a mother limit you from having a family?

I still see it as extremely limiting. Are you not stuck with your one and only TF for eternity? That one biological mother is only one lifetime out of many, many lifetimes. Your biological mother changes throughout life times, and you're not stuck with a one and only biological mother for eternity. You can create your own family, so you should be able to create your own TF. Drop the old TF and pick up a new TF if that is what you choose to do. But people tend to believe in the being stuck with the one and only TF for eternity which is extremely disturbing for me.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 AM
zen_path

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
The whole idea about TFs being the ultimate unconditional love gives the impression that this is impossible to accomplish this level with anyone else. That is very disturbing and confining to have this belief where its impossible to have this type of love with anyone else.

Did someone say somewhere that a person could ONLY accomplish unconditional love with a TF? I've never heard someone say that, maybe I missed the point raised somewhere?

If someone says 'I learned unconditional love from my TF relationship', or 'you CAN learn unconditional love through a TF relationship', that is not the same as saying 'You can ONLY learn unconditional love from a TF relationship'.

Logical arguments can be so tricky...
Old 01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Raineco

Great point Zen. These are logical and testable, there's a science to it believe-it-or-not. For example if one says
Quote:
impossible to accomplish this level with anyone else

maybe they were really intending a qualitative distinction that comes off sounding more exclusive or numerical, but that's just bc of a failure of words to describe somthing happening at a deeper level so foreign to words that it's inevitable your response is finally mostly subjective. I.e., you're just trying to describe it. It has a
Quote:
quality
so rare that no other circumstances could replicate it closely enough to count, that makes it a qualitative experience that does not rule out that someone else's marriage to their wonderful soul mate wasn't the ultimate love experience; anyone else can claim a similar qualitative distinction; the original intent was not to rule that out.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Raineco

ooops that didn't quite work right, it was supposed to say a quality
- ah there's the difference w just italics...
Old 01-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen_path
Did someone say somewhere that a person could ONLY accomplish unconditional love with a TF? I've never heard someone say that, maybe I missed the point raised somewhere?

Not exactly that "it can only be accomplished with a TF", but a lot of people on this forum have referred to the TF love being the ultimate, greatest, unconditional love and/or the TF love is totally unlike any other love in that it goes beyond normal relationship. People say they have had soulmate loves but this TF love is totally different and they talk about the inability to stop the TF love and this is how its "different" from any other love. For me this whole idea is ridiculous that this TF is the one and only person you can do this with and you can't match it or go beyond it with anyone else but this one and only TF person, so it doesn't make sense to me since its really discrimination in that this one and only TF person does all this and no one else can, which means that free will is lost since you have no free will trash the TF & replace the TF with someone else. So, if I have a person right now who is not my "TF" but there is really outstanding unconditional love between us, the idea is that no that can't be possible because the TF unconditional love is greater and goes beyond.

Examples from this forum:

Quote:
it's about the channel of Source Energy (what we know as unconditional love) being flung wide open when connecting with our Twin. People may describe it as being grander because it's the first time they have fully experienced it intensely with another person but real love IS love. The inability to turn away is what sets a TF connection apart
From: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=39648

Quote:
TF can be a teaching relationship, by showing that uncondtional love can be a divine attribute in elevating the soul and spirit by unselfishness, and goes beyond just a normal relationship.
From: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=42616

Quote:
Another big one for me was finally feeling and knowing unconditional love! You will love this person for who they are, good, bad, ugly or indifferent! They can make you feel more love than you have ever known...and they can also cause you to feel some of the sharpest, deepest pain you have ever known (because sometimes the truth hurts, and your TF will show you exactly what you need to fix in yourself!) But through it all you love them, because you feel like they are a part of you
From: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=42837

Quote:
Sometimes it feels like we're all supposed to be on some grand mission, and I'm not sure I can totally agree with that....why twin flames but not anyone else? I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel kinda poorly equipped for any big worldwide mission
From: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=42623

Quote:
You will be in no doubt when u do...IF you are destined to...meet your twinflame in this lifetime - no it's not something you 'get over' and easily move on from but you can learn acceptance and love like you would never have experienced before...it takes a heck of alot of self work, self love and total unconditional love for you and yr twin to get there
From: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=42410

Examples from "twin flames unconditonal love" Google search:

The love between the twin flames cannot be described in the language of Earth. It is an absolute state of unconditional love, and beyond the capability of any being whilst incarnated, to envisage or experience this incredible level of love in its fullest capacity. After incarnating here for an extensive period it is sometimes hard to conceive of that magnitude of love. There is absolute love present. As well as this, imagine a situation where you know and understand a person so completely, that there is nothing they could say or do that would ever upset you. This is because you clearly see the infinite path that has led you both to this point.

We are experiencing something we never thought possible: a relationship of pure unconditional love. A connection not only deeper and more intense than any we have experienced before, but deeper than any we have ever heard of. One where we are always in complete balance and agreement with each other. One where we connect on every level, and in every facet. One where we are a natural reflection of each other in every way, so much so, it is like having a perfect twin not only in body, but also in mind and spirit. One where there are no issues or differences, or the need for personal space. One where you just want to be together every minute of every day, literally. One where the sexual intensity is deeply overpowering. It is all too incredible to be a co-incidence, and the only explanation we can find that describes it, is that we could be: Twin Flames.

Each of the twins retained a seed of their counterpart. These spiritual counterparts are linked together throughout eternity. Twin souls or flames embody a deep unconditional love that is eternal, pure and of the highest form.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 PM
MorningStar

Coming in late here, but I would not have believed any of this either had it not happened to me. I truly believe though that the entire lesson is as simple as unconditional love for everyone, and not just a twin.