Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 01-12-2012, 10:25 PM
zen_path

Alamode. I don't see anything in any of your examples that says someone can ONLY experience unconditional love with a TF. I see lots of examples that say in summary 'this was MY greatest feeling of love' and 'this is how I learned to give unconditional love'.

Is there some reason it's important for you whether others feel their TF experience was their path to unconditional love?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Loving_Soul

Lol love is inclusive and not exclusive - the unconditional love comes from within and eminates outwardly - no one else in physical form MAKES u feel this - only you.

That is where many unbelievers of the TF theory - AND many believers still new in the journey perception goes wrong - they look at the connection and judge it like something coming to you from another rather than something from within going outward. When you see it as coming in, dependent on another, the issue of seeing it as being exclusive arises - when it comes from within going outward how can it be anything BUT inclusive as it touches everyone you are around beginning with yourself.

How hard is this to understand? WHATEVER your catalyst to self awakening is whether that be alone, a TF, a SM or a life changing experience - WHY would we argue this point? Why would we question someone who is on this path of self discovery? Isn't it ALL good? Isn't it ALL positive? Should we not just ALL support and congratulate each other for stepping into such a positive phase of their soul growth? I couldn't care less if someone said an alien opened them to unconditional love - if it triggered this I won't question it, ill be happy that SOMETHING - ANYTHING has assisted them in their awakening.

All this descension of arguing and trying to prove rights and wrongs of people's beliefs and perceptions creates further separation - the exact opposite of what we are trying to achieve in humanity.

It really bloody disturbs me actually.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Master
well i belive in a twin soul. and maybe, i feel that we as humens do not really need a the lable of a twinflame, but at least someone that makes us feel complete with ourselves. and for me its a void. it's kind of that you know you are not sure of it until you find that person. i gusse what i'm trying to say some of us belive in god or a higher power and others do not so for the ones who belive in god feel this absense cause they sense that something is not right. for others they are complete within thierselves and are content.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Iseke

GhostMachine, I think you raise some good concerns and I really do value discernment and questioning, as well as everyone's different perspectives on this. While I do believe in some of the things you've mentioned finding dubious (starseeds, etc), I too have noticed the sort of questionable and egotistical thinking that gets encouraged in some communities surrounding those topics. And I think we all here have seen people use the twin soul concept as a way to validate and justify something unhealthy. I don't for a minute begrudge you for questioning this and raising your concerns.

But, for those who say things like the idea of having a twin soul limits and invalidates all other forms of love...in my experience, the opposite is true. When you asked whether any of us could ever love another after the death of our twin, the answer is of course, because meeting one's twin DOES NOT invalidate or cripple or render meaningless any other love we may feel. We're saying it's different, not that it's superior. Although yes, for some, it is the strongest love they've ever felt, and they say as much. That's not to invalidate anyone else's love, though! Why should it?

Learning to truly love ourselves is what we need to best be able to love others and connect with the world spiritually. For some, meeting their twin (which I believe to be a part of your soul) is how they learn to go through the process of healing and loving themselves. It is not the only way, of course.

And this is not about The One Perfect Man or Woman Out There For Us. It's not. And as long as you see it that way, it's going to get confusing. Our twin soul isn't the One Perfect Partner for us to have a relationship with while on earth (although many of us certainly wish to have a relationship with our twins!). It's not about that. It's about connecting with our own divinity, whether we end up with our twin or not.

So hanging onto this concept that everyone's just wishing for a fairy tale romance (whether you are a concerned non-believer or head over heels for the twin soul theory) is going about it the wrong way. And yes, it is unhealthy and troubling and disturbing to expect that this Twin Soul person is going to be your one perfect partner and fix everything. No one's arguing against that! That's not constructive or healthy thinking! But we're not here because we're desperate, lonely, and bored waiting for a Twilight romance. We're here because we had a profound experience that truly changed our lives.

Most importantly, though, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving_Soul
How hard is this to understand? WHATEVER your catalyst to self awakening is whether that be alone, a TF, a SM or a life changing experience - WHY would we argue this point? Why would we question someone who is on this path of self discovery? Isn't it ALL good? Isn't it ALL positive? Should we not just ALL support and congratulate each other for stepping into such a positive phase of their soul growth? I couldn't care less if someone said an alien opened them to unconditional love - if it triggered this I won't question it, ill be happy that SOMETHING - ANYTHING has assisted them in their awakening.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Natalia

I agree with you Iseke and also with the quote you have posted by Loving_Soul.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
The whole idea about TFs being the ultimate unconditional love gives the impression that this is impossible to accomplish this level with anyone else. That is very disturbing and confining to have this belief where its impossible to have this type of love with anyone else.

Lets assume that that there is such a thing as TFs. What if I'm not with my TF right now, but I just accomplished "the greatest ultimate unconditional love" with a soul mate. So for all you TF-believers, would you say what I just did is impossible because that person "is not my TF and I can only accomplish that with my TF"?

I prefer to have the belief that I am capable of accomplishing any type of "TF Love" and any type of "TF thing" with anyone & not just limit myself to one person and that I have the free will to do all this. Therefore, the whole TF idea love thing does not make sense to me at all.

I still see it as extremely limiting. Are you not stuck with your one and only TF for eternity? That one biological mother is only one lifetime out of many, many lifetimes. Your biological mother changes throughout life times, and you're not stuck with a one and only biological mother for eternity. You can create your own family, so you should be able to create your own TF. Drop the old TF and pick up a new TF if that is what you choose to do. But people tend to believe in the being stuck with the one and only TF for eternity which is extremely disturbing for me.

I can only speak from my own experience that firstly this connection happened beyond my control, there was no free will involved, no choice on my part. A bond was made instantly from a place I didn't know existed personally. I could not have stopped it if I had wanted to. There was no warning. Traditionally I think (its been a while since I 'fell in love' lol) there is a time element to falling in love, but this was an instant connection. Time stopped... it was like being cacooned in some kind of bubble where I was literally looking at myself. Generally too, its about the form, the physical, what you see or relate to infront of you...this was what I can only describe as a soul to soul connection, . What you see infront of you is secondary... its unconditional because I have no choice, I don't have to work at it...the love just is. I cannot deny loving this person any more than I can deny I exist.

Loving this person though does not mean I exclude everyone else, there is a hightened level of compassion and empathy for others that wasn't there before, a better understanding of the human condition. So I don't find this love as limiting.

There is no future that I can see for us. I am married and my partner is a good man. I don't have this level of love for him but leaving him for my tf is not the answer. I don't know what is, I just know I love my tf with every fibre of my being and there is nothing I can do about it.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Master
"Loving this person though does not mean I exclude everyone else, there is a hightened level of compassion and empathy for others that wasn't there before, a better understanding of the human condition. So I don't find this love as limiting. "

I could not have said this better! This love is NOT limiting! NOT AT ALL!!
So opening! So transforming! The love I have for mankind .. wow! No words. It has brought me to a point of not having any desire for a romantic love. Love is so much more than that!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen_path
I don't see anything in any of your examples that says someone can ONLY experience unconditional love with a TF.

I never said a TF would be the only experience for unconditional love. Here is what I said, for your convenience, I'll repost: Not exactly that "it can only be accomplished with a TF", but a lot of people on this forum have referred to the TF love being the ultimate, greatest, unconditional love and/or the TF love is totally unlike any other love in that it goes beyond normal relationship. People say they have had soulmate loves but this TF love is totally different and they talk about the inability to stop the TF love and this is how its "different" from any other love. For me this whole idea is ridiculous that this TF is the one and only person you can do this with and you can't match it or go beyond it with anyone else but this one and only TF person, so it doesn't make sense to me since its really discrimination in that this one and only TF person does all this and no one else can, which means that free will is lost since you have no free will trash the TF & replace the TF with someone else. So, if I have a person right now who is not my "TF" but there is really outstanding unconditional love between us, the idea is that no that can't be possible because the TF unconditional love is greater and goes beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving_Soul
Isn't it ALL good? Isn't it ALL positive?

I see it as extremely negative to think that there is a "one and only" in the entire universe, as if no one else in the entire universe has the capabilities and effects of this "TF" person.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Iseke

Or, you could just accept that that is how some people describe their love for a particular person, and stop trying to use that to invalidate your love and experiences.

As everyone has been saying over and over, it is about love, not the label. Who cares if some people use the label? You don't have to!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke
Or, you could just accept that that is how some people describe their love for a particular person, and stop trying to use that to invalidate your love and experiences.

I do accept what other people say and I'm actually not trying to use what they say to invalidate my love and experiences... I'm just giving my viewpoint. What makes you think that I'm trying to use what they say to invalidate my love and experiences?