Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-02-2024, 06:40 AM
Master

It won't be in your backyard for much longer though John.
One day soon all those shows you attended there will be just a distant memory !!
Old 21-02-2024, 08:58 PM
Master
So true Angel.

I guess that is why I seem to be reflecting on what that journey was like.

One of the first persons I became acquainted with that participated in the Shows was a chap called Jim. Jim was a charming person that attended various shows thru out the year. He became associated with 2 other chaps that shared his love for adventure. The trio would go to Katmandu, Bangkok and other diverse places to buy products which they would bring back to sell. Back then, flights were cheap. You could bring back more stuff in your luggage and shipping was a lot cheaper.

Jim became friends with one of my friends. She was an older, short woman who sparkled wherever she went. She invited the trio to stay at her place. It was a win-win situation. She would get them cheap tickets for travel (she was a tavel agent) and they got a place to stay.

Generally, when I would go to one speific show, she would always be there with Jim. One thing Jim had for sale was a Tibetan Temple trumpet..... 10 feet long. According to Jim, I was the only one who could blow it which I did for several years when he was present for the shows. Even to this day, I wished I had bought it. I loved playing on it.

Jim sparked my interest in to going to Asia. One place he never got to go to was Angkor. I am sure he would have been fascinated with it. He did close to the Himalayas. I never got around to asking him how close he got.

Jim passed away shortly after I met him from melanoma. I suspect people still remeber is joyful nature.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-02-2024, 03:54 AM
Master

I had a feeling you were taking a trip down memory lane thinking it may have been the last one you attend.
Old 22-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Master
ANGEL:

In a way you are right. My attendance at the Tucson shows has probably come to an end which gives me time to remember 'all the things that happened'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-02-2024, 12:14 PM
Master
The first pallet from Tucson has arrived!
They had one flown over, the rest follows by boat so will take another 1,5-2 months before those crystals are in the shop.

As it is a number of crystal will be in the shop this weekend. And it looks like they did buy more than I thought. Seems they didn't tell everything in their blogs when in the US.
So who knows what beauties will turn up!

I did phone them to make sure the hyalite opal hasn't arrived yet as they didn't mention that.
And nope, those are to arrive by boat. Dang! I'm so eager to go over and see them, get myself one!
Old 23-02-2024, 04:02 AM
Master
Another chap I meant, who was a dealer at one of the shows, was a chap named John. He was up in age and had spent a considerable amount of time living in Asia. He carried a large arrange of products such as certain tumbled stones, singing bowls and various art work. It was a delight to see what he had but it was more a delight to see his blue eyes light up when somebody saw the value and how special his products were. As I got to know him, we would go after hours to a buffet place and eat our full. He always played the role of a joyful host. He would tell me of his adventures in Southeast Asia and of some of the marvels.

As time pass, John could no longer pay the rent for the show so he stopped setting up but it didn't stop him from going. He had a couple of warehouses in another State. He would journey every once in a while to his warehouses to pick up more supplies and then sell them across the US. Back then, he would spend about half, if not more, of the year in Southeast Asia.

One of the things he used to do was come up with more Buddhist and Hindu designs which he would have made in embroidery. Some of the work was comparable to Tibetan Thangkas.

One of the women working at that place became his girlfriend. The place was located in southern Bangkok. An area tourist did not visit. He got a place north of there and I got a place north of where he lived. The distances from each area was substantial. It was too far to walk.

One day, I ran out of money. I had no idea what I was going to do. I was out on the sidewalk walking one night when all of a sudden I bumped in to him. He never ventured in that area so was surprised. He asked me if I had anything new and all I had was an emerald Buddha. I didn't pay much for it. So, I showed it to him. He wanted it and would take no for an answer. He finally offered me a lot of money for it, so I sold it. I could not believe he would spend so much for something that was relatively inexpensive.

TO BE CONTINUED

Old 23-02-2024, 04:29 AM
Master

FairyCrystal ...I thought you'd be camped outside the shop in your sleeping bag haha. I hope when all the stock finally arrives you find what you are looking for. And you will have to show us a pic !!!
Old 23-02-2024, 04:32 AM
Master

John...
Lovely memories. You could write a book about it all I'm sure.
These shows have been a massive part of your life for several decades. I think it's really hitting home to you now about your move to a new life and everything you are saying goodbye to.
Old 23-02-2024, 04:46 AM
Master
It is interwoven into my life.

I met a lot of people. Unfortunately, some are already gone.

I guess it is better to go while the going is good and not look back but to continue the journey. How long it will last ...........

Old 23-02-2024, 04:52 AM
Master

I know it is interwoven into your life , in more ways than one !
But you have a wonderful journey ahead of you of which many would envy...
But yes, you must go while you still can !!