Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 22-07-2023, 10:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
We already have with our actions. Wildlife populations decrease (or increase) and this has impact down to their size and behaviour. For instance, blackbirds are known to sing louder in cities.
Altering food to make it better for us-no need to alter or interfere with much of it and just doing it for profit and withouj sorting out underlying problems usually leads to trouble.
Old 22-07-2023, 10:47 AM
Master

Quote:
We already switched to horses as beasts of burden back in the Middle Ages, because they were more effective and not lazy. So if we were to get back to beasts of burden, the horse would be the choice, not the bull.
Horses for courses,they won't be able to inseminate the cows that produce the milk that makes the butter,the cheese,the yoghurt,the ghee,the leather and meat for all mankind,
Old 22-07-2023, 12:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Altering food to make it better for us-no need to alter or interfere with much of it and just doing it for profit and withouj sorting out underlying problems usually leads to trouble.

You think the alterations made to broccoli, banana, cows and pigs weren't done with profit in mind?

They were...
Old 22-07-2023, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Horses for courses,they won't be able to inseminate the cows that produce the milk that makes the butter,the cheese,the yoghurt,the ghee,the leather and meat for all mankind,

Nor is there a need to, because we have alternatives already.

When land is used more efficiently, there is more space for wildlife populations, housing, recreation, water storage, etc. etc.
Reality check: https://ourworldindata.org/land-use
Old 22-07-2023, 12:17 PM
Master

You seem to be adapting your position,yes in recent times most things are done for profit,whereas in ancient culture we mainly altered to feed people.or just tweeked where need be that was my point.
Old 22-07-2023, 12:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Nor is there a need to, because we have alternatives already.

When land is used more efficiently, there is more space for wildlife populations, housing, recreation, water storage, etc. etc.
Reality check: https://ourworldindata.org/land-use
My point again,we are farming wrongly,we are running the water system wrongly ,bit daft to suggest culling clouds or trying to create fake water due to the problems reservoirs cause.
Old 22-07-2023, 12:23 PM
Master
Quote:
bit daft to suggest culling clouds or trying to create fake water due to the problems reservoirs cause.

''create fake water'', ''culling clouds''.

Funny. Not at all what I had in mind...
But, interesting. And conspiratorial like a proper Hare Krishna.
Old 22-07-2023, 02:45 PM
Master

Quote:
''create fake water'', ''culling clouds''.

Funny. Not at all what I had in mind...
But, interesting. And conspiratorial like a proper Hare Krishna.

Can't be bothered trawling through here to find out where you advocate getting rid of cows, the providers of many foodstuffs, or where you champion the use of fake meat, that's not conspiracy Altair, is that not what you advocated?
Old 22-07-2023, 02:52 PM
Master
I mentioned water storage and you come with ''creating fake water''....

I don't know if I should even bother and explain to you what I actually meant, storing water in relation to impact of climate change and land use. Even if I explained it, I'd be responding to straw man upon straw man next!! And I don't have the patience, I know I'd be a horrible teacher so forget it..
Old 22-07-2023, 02:57 PM
Master

You first need to learn the knowledge that has gone before to be able to teach! Not just act on whims. (The fake water equates to fake meat, water already exists , alternative to tap water already exist, so no need at all for fake water-but in a few years the powers that be could get you into arguing for its introduction)-in fact people have argued for mass chlorination, so inferior water that is not needed. Loads of chlorinated and fluorinated water for industry and people to wash cars in.