Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-10-2023, 03:14 PM
Molearner

The Tower of Babel is allegory and symbolism…..representing the movement away from God….Babel being synonymous with Babylon….it can be understood symbolically but the explanation is lengthy….suffice to say that we continue to symbolically continue our attempts to construct our Tower of Babel….

Suggestion: contrast Babylon with Zion…..

The language of Babel was and is Ego……
Old 16-10-2023, 03:53 PM
So would the Babel story be metaphor, never happened?
Or do some here think it is true, exactly?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-10-2023, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The Tower of Babel is allegory and symbolism…..

The language of Babel was and is Ego……

In what way Mo ?
Old 16-10-2023, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Or do some here think it is true, exactly?

Not me, it's a Myth.... Imo.
Old 16-10-2023, 07:41 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
In what way Mo ?

Having had one language God turned it to babble(Babel)….no longer being able to communicate with others creates separation from others…not only does ego separate us from God it separates us from our fellow man. The story of Babel demonstrates why this was inevitable. To arrive at Babel they moved away from the east. Symbolically the east represents wisdom and knowledge….re the Magi(wise men), sun rising in the east, etc. Also Babel was a plain…..lower elevation also a symbol for lower level of knowledge.

Now their intention was the building of a tower that would reach heaven….an attempt to reach God by their own power…..to do this they used man made brick instead of stone…(Christ being the Rock of God, Peter being the rock). Stone is a symbol for fundamental truth(10 Commandments, etc). To hold these bricks together they used slime….dooming it to futility.

The lesson all being to look to God for ascension….it cannot be a result of one’s efforts……realize this is a short version….:)
Old 16-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Master
Alexander the Great believed the Tower of Babel existed. When he saw it, it was in ruins.He had the ruins torn down with the intent of rebuilding it. It got torn down and never rebuilt. Saddam Hussein tried rebuilding the city while the US Army inadvertently damaged what was left.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-10-2023, 08:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
To hold these bricks together they used slime….dooming it to futility.

The Bible claims bitumen was used.

1 or 2 years ago...... I was at a place in which the ground I was walking on appeared 'normal' till all of a sudden, bitumen started to emerge from the ground.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-10-2023, 08:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi - what is that? And thanks.

well people never seem to be on the same page as each other, the tower of babel story nicely explains that lol by kinda hinting that people organize there thoughts about what they want or how things should be organized in different ways depending on what group they are a part of ... the story basically says, communications are going to be awkward because noone knows what anyone else is saying... it was actually worse than that though, not only did anyone know what anyone else was saying, they didn't even know that was happening. They thought they understood perfectly and often disliked their own understanding of what was being said enough to cause conflicts in the physical world.

the story also explains away some of the things I see people refusing to do. Having been punished that way in such a big way as happened there, for a specific activity, doesn't make one want to proceed...

and along with a lot of the other stuff that is said a I got an understanding of why us forcing our way into heaven the way they tried at babel there is not any more of a good idea than us becoming like god's 'us' the way I've heard some proclaim as so good, and why that 'tower' had to be knocked down just as surely as we had to be kicked out of eden.

babel in my mind was like an attitude or way of life, but there had to be a city or other place for it since we always create solid things to mimic what our minds are doing... as far as I can tell. But as I think about it now the 'tower' likely wasn't made of bricks and mortar, more likely of energy fields of some sort... from what I can tell in other times/places people were often quite advanced with technologies and other stuff, even more so than we are now. For example, just to stick to what might be true in the current reality, there is some stuff out there hinting that the atlanteans were heavily involved in understanding the energies related to crystals.

by making people speak different 'languages' god made a situation where the energy fields required to make the tower simply couldn't be formed, because noone would never be on the same page as the others and so the various players who hold the 'keys' that could make it happen would be incentivized not to turn them at the same time.

well that is what comes to mind when I think of the tower of babel story. Like I say it holds a lot of meaning for me, but not so much for other people I guess lol...
Old 16-10-2023, 08:24 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
And yet the Jewish People are still waiting for the Messiah to arrive.

They were aposticised when Jesus came. They falsely reasoned the Messiah was coming as a mighty king to rid them of Roman rule. A carpenters son showed up. His kingship did not start until Rev 6:2
Old 16-10-2023, 08:26 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Really.... then 9 Mortals would have been saved on the Ark, not 8.
Jesus was in heaven. By Gods side as his master worker-Prov 8:30)