Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-01-2017, 12:43 AM
Master
4 Christian giants with no biblical support.

4 Christian celebrations and doctrines, with basically no biblical support. Its stunning how believers can swallow things and have no scriptures to back them up. Notice ;

Christmas
Easter
Tithing
The Trinity

Two holidays and two doctrines that you can't get a page of biblical support for.

With Tithing you can find some Old Testament stuff if you look , but the first churches did not Tithe, its not in the New Testament. And there is no biblical support for the Trinity anywhere in the bible, you have to twist the arms of some scriptures to even try and make a case.

Its truly stunning.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:13 AM
Another take...
If you look up tithe in any Concordance there is a list of
verses where the word is mentioned in 8 books in the OT..
and 3 books in the NT.
It's not something anyone 'has' to do...but, I see there is 'support' for it.

Then, Christmas and Easter are celebrations people just ''do''.
All the frill has evolved from early pagans and different countries.
I didn't see any need for scripture 'support'.

There's no support for going to a building every Sunday or saying grace
or priests wearing their vestments or receiving communion the way
it is done from a priest's ceremony or 'having ' to go to church at least once a year to
maintain your membership in the Catholic church...
and these were just off the top of my head.

The Trinity was 'surmised'...not saying whether I surmised that.
Then, the Nicene Creed pretty much said IF you don't believe it you
just are not a Christian, right?
So it was surmised pretty early on.

My take, but I am open to correction.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-01-2017, 03:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Another take...
If you look up tithe in any Concordance there is a list of
verses where the word is mentioned in 8 books in the OT..
and 3 books in the NT.
It's not something anyone 'has' to do...but, I see there is 'support' for it.

Then, Christmas and Easter are celebrations people just ''do''.
All the frill has evolved from early pagans and different countries.
I didn't see any need for scripture 'support'.

There's no support for going to a building every Sunday or saying grace
or priests wearing their vestments or receiving communion the way
it is done from a priest's ceremony or 'having ' to go to church at least once a year to
maintain your membership in the Catholic church...
and these were just off the top of my head.

The Trinity was 'surmised'...not saying whether I surmised that.
Then, the Nicene Creed pretty much said IF you don't believe it you
just are not a Christian, right?
So it was surmised pretty early on.

My take, but I am open to correction.

Or you could say that you are definitely not a Christian untill you have sufficient of gods very essence within your soul, so that you will have been transformed into a christed being.....And into the very essence of god.

Which you would then be. .....one of gods chosen ones.....transformed from a child of your parents & into one of gods children.

Otherwise, you are just a spiritual person living in or out of the flesh, who is following a divine path, with a view to becoming a Christian.

True Christians, are christed beings, or you are just of a natural love spiritual energy.

When you follow a narrow pure path whilst longing for gods very essence, to be within you to a point that you will instantly transform from a natural type of spirit energy ,into a Devine type of spirit energy.....it is at that moment that you become a true CHRISTIAN.

Nobody needs a building, or a ceremony, or a priest, or jesus.

It is just between yourself and god.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Master
Why 'stunning' (twice-repeated) and 'believers who swallow things up,' mickiel? Why not just 'an interesting topic for discussion'? Is the objective here to open up a thoughtful dialogue, or to savage and mock the beliefs? I like to know beforehand: if it's the former, let's go; if the latter, no thanks, there's enough close-mindedness, negativity and judgment in the world already.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Master
mickiel, I think I found my answer, came across this recent post of yours:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
I am liberated from religion in a major way... how easy I was deceived , how long I was fooled... It was more than a rape of my consciousness
Suggestion: instead of the Christianity forum, post your anti-religion threads in the General forum, you'll get a better reception there anyway. Or is mocking Christians on their own turf, your objective? If so, not a particularly honorable spiritual activity IMO.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Master
mickiel, how can you expect to raise conscious awareness of issues, when you utilize the same unloving approaches and humiliation tactics which you, as a younger person, felt victimized by? Why not endeavour instead to transform via love and understanding, as in:

Christmas - What a miraculous gift to humankind. And not because I believe in Jesus, because I don't. I believe in the tangible spirit of love and joy that permeates the Christmas season. Thank you Christianity, from a non-Christian, for creating Christmas!

I could go on, but you get the picture.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Master
Guess I'm not done.

-Easter: Identifying and celebrating the miraculous aspect of the unconquerable, eternal soul. Glorious. Makes me want to sing the Jesus Christ Superstar score. (Which I know by heart; it came out when I was 15, and that and Led Zeppelin were what I listened to.)

-Tithing: I send my mother a % of my retirement cheque, so that she can buy something nice for herself if she feels so inclined. A loving gesture (if I say so myself!) to give something each month, to someone or something you love.

-Trinity: Yeah, like you, I scratch my head about that as well. I have no time for spiritual-religious depictions of God, Jesus or "holy" spirits. But I do believe in the trinity of the human body, soul and spirit. The eternal soul-spirit being, experiencing miraculous material life. So there is something there as far as the "three concept" goes.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
When you follow a narrow pure path whilst longing for God's very essence to be within
you
to a point that you will instantly transform from a natural type of spirit energy, into a Divine type of spirit energy.....
it is at that moment that you become a true CHRISTIAN.
Bolded...very nice.
Labels.
If I'm transforming fr a spirit energy to a Divine spirit...
Call me anything...Hindu, Jew, or enlightened, awake...
I personally don't like any label...not even, ''true CHRISTIAN''.
Just sayin'... direct experience goes beyond labels, don't you think?
With respect, not trying to start anything.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Master
I am a bible believer and I maintain that those 4 Christian celebrations are unbiblical.

Now if one disagrees , simply give me the biblical support.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Christmas - What a miraculous gift to humankind. And not because I believe in Jesus, because I don't. I believe in the tangible spirit of love and joy that permeates the Christmas season. Thank you Christianity, from a non-Christian, for creating Christmas!

I could go on, but you get the picture.

Christmas - what a load of pagan deception;

https://realtruth.org/articles/169-ttooc.html