Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-11-2012, 02:38 AM
GhostMachine

I don't believe in TF

And let me tell you why!!

Mostly the concept does not resonate with me, because it has been my own experience that we do not just have one soul mate during our lifetime. The TF idea denotes that there is only one person (at least in my own understanding and research) that you will either cross or not cross paths with in your life that is the 'split-apart' of your own being.

Now, this concept encourages people to approach their own being in a type of incompleteness. That...you have been divided, and until this person is a part of your life, you are not whole. That the finding of this person will somehow cause a spiritual completeness within you.

We have been indoctrinated in this society to give our power away to other people...we let them influence our emotions, or decisions, and in the case of the TF, we give them half of ourselves and attach an awful lot of 'stuff and things' to them. In giving that power to them, we also place a huge obligation on their shoulders to meet this expectation, to fill this void, to make us happy.

I know many people believe in twin flames, but I think that the truth of it is, that we are born complete, we are not split apart...rather, there are a handful, (and if you are lucky, sometimes more) of people in the world that compliment your being so wonderfully, that they seem a part of yourself.

Thoughts?
Old 30-11-2012, 02:53 AM
Experiencer
While I obviously can't speak for everyone who believes in the TF concept, I can say that I don't believe I need another person to complete me. I am complete. However, it was only upon meeting my TF and subsequently going through the healing process that I discovered this about myself. I had always thought that without a man I was less than a person. Meeting him completely changed my viewpoint on this. I don't believe that I am a half of a soul. I am a complete soul just the way I am. Ultimately I believe that I and everyone else are parts of the source, thus I am one with everything and everyone. I believe the individual personality chooses to incarnate in two separate bodies on the three dimensional realm to further accelerate its growth (unconditional love of self and others). We do have many soul mates, not just a twin flame, but ultimately I believe at the essence of everything that all is one.

And as a sidenote, before this situation happened to me, I wouldn't have believed it either. I was pretty much a complete atheist and a materialist. I used to think soulmates were a cute concept, but one without any basis in reality. Now my viewpoint has completely changed.
Old 30-11-2012, 03:21 AM
Master
For the record, I do not believe my soul was divided or split in half. I also do not feel as though i am incomplete without him in my life.
What I DID/do feel though, is something that is unexplainable, that surpasses love as I know it. There just are no words. The connection.. was simply not of this world.
That being said, I am PRAYING that I can find that same connection with someone else, and if I can.. then AWESOME! I am ok with that because I don't need the label, or the person.. its the connection I desire.
That feeling of pure bliss. That little piece of heaven. it's the ONLY thing I want.
Old 30-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Master

I don't think many on here believe in the whole soulsplit thing do they, i know there are a few,but not many ?.....but i know most on here have experienced something that nothing else compares to, ....i know i have ...and yes like you, i do believe that we have many soulmates throughout life ,but some are def closer to us than other,that i have no doubt ...Tf to me is just a label for your closest soulmate ....One thing that i have learnt throughout this whole journey is i am a whole person ,i do not need another to complete me or make me happy ,happiness def comes form within :)
Old 30-11-2012, 03:37 AM
Seeker

I would not have believed had it not happened to me. I have connected with many soul mates, but nothing this strong. I can only say....believe what your experience gives you, I know I am...with my Twin Flame. ~Bud~
Old 30-11-2012, 04:01 AM
Iseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
We have been indoctrinated in this society to give our power away to other people...we let them influence our emotions, or decisions, and in the case of the TF, we give them half of ourselves and attach an awful lot of 'stuff and things' to them. In giving that power to them, we also place a huge obligation on their shoulders to meet this expectation, to fill this void, to make us happy.

Now, this concept encourages people to approach their own being in a type of incompleteness. That...you have been divided, and until this person is a part of your life, you are not whole. That the finding of this person will somehow cause a spiritual completeness within you.

I can respect that. I really can, and I think we all need to be vigilant that we're not giving our power away, or looking for justification or validation to feel incomplete or emotionally unhealthy.

However, twin soul experiences are not, in themselves, about giving away power or incompleteness.

Quote:
Mostly the concept does not resonate with me, because it has been my own experience that we do not just have one soul mate during our lifetime. The TF idea denotes that there is only one person (at least in my own understanding and research) that you will either cross or not cross paths with in your life that is the 'split-apart' of your own being.

I know many people believe in twin flames, but I think that the truth of it is, that we are born complete, we are not split apart...rather, there are a handful, (and if you are lucky, sometimes more) of people in the world that compliment your being so wonderfully, that they seem a part of yourself.

(Agreed with the other posters who say that split apart is not the only way to define twin souls!)

I think it is a matter of personal experience, here. Most of us experience soul-mates and close connections in our lives, and yet there are some who seem to be having a different experience entirely.

I know how much some hate it when people say you have to experience it yourself to get it. But what that means is NOT that you have to come to the same conclusions about what it is or what it means (as in, "If you don't agree you OBVIOUSLY haven't gone through it!"). What it means is that you'd have a broader perspective on why people draw the conclusions that they do (that twin souls are an altogether different experience than meeting a kindred soul or a close soulmate), and wouldn't immediately assume that the only plausible reason for doing so is emotional instability or psychological confusion.

They don't seem a part of yourself, they are a part of yourself. And maybe this is the reflection of the greater whole, the We Are All One idea. To recognize yourself in others. I can't say I understand what it is or how it works, but I know for certain it isn't about expecting another man or woman to fix you, fulfill you, or make you happy.

I think we've learned through these experiences how important it is to learn how to love and accept ourselves. That is what makes us whole.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:34 AM
Raineco

Quote:
.but i know most on here have experienced something that nothing else compares to, ....i know i have ...and yes like you, i do believe that we have many soulmates throughout life

yeah exactly, here too. So, GhostMachine I see you're getting a lot of responses like this. Before the tf meeting I had not given soul mates much thought but of course I thought you had more than one. And of course I knew not to look for someone to complete me, so I don't think any of us are here because we read about it and said "I want to find mine," not at all.
So, GhostMachine I would say to you, if you are really researching this, you've got to learn about the individuals experiencing it, hear our stories, cuz a bullet point list in an article won't do it justice.

I can't imagine learning of the twin flame idea before having met a "suspected case of it"; if I did I would've dismissed it as silly and not looked further. But I ran across it online right after the meeting, then spent the next 5 mos denying it and ignoring the concept, wouldn't read any more about it, etc.
And now that I know for sure this "twin flame thing" IS the nature of the experience, the right label for it, I still could not care less whether there is only one and our soul was split eons ago, etc... It was because of what happened that I read more and tried to learn what I should do, but for myself and my healing, not for the other. So while, yes I had a longing for contact with the tf/sc, it was the intense quality of that longing and of everything that was brought up to the surface that pressed me on.

I never wanted to put the tf label on it for its own sake. In fact I wouldn't want this to happen again with someone else (but I think it could), I think for a life partner I'd rather have a soul mate I felt was one of several soul mates, not an aspect of myself like this feels, cuz it is too intense and too deep and makes "normal and boring" look good sometimes.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:49 AM
Spring1988

I don't believe in the label either. To me she is the one, the love of my life. Doesn't matter what label you put on it, the love and connection is still the same. I try not to dwell on the whole split souls and stuff like that because I don't necessarily know it to be true or not.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Liv19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring1988
I don't believe in the label either. To me she is the one, the love of my life. Doesn't matter what label you put on it, the love and connection is still the same. I try not to dwell on the whole split souls and stuff like that because I don't necessarily know it to be true or not.

Agree. I don't know whether it's true or not and I don't need to know whether it's true or not. It is what it is, as they say. It's challenging enough dealing with our own situations without having to tie ourselves in knots over whether there are split souls or non-split souls floating around ;-)
Old 30-11-2012, 06:23 AM
Pathfinder
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
And let me tell you why!!

Thoughts?

I don't believe in TF either because I never met one. Seriously, you made a good point.