Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Denverkol

Tips, Problems and Binaural Beats.

So I've been trying to Astral project in these past two months, with little results. Which is due in part to the fact that my schedule doesn't give me enough time during the day or night to try on a consistent.
But now I'm finding that I've run flat up against a wall. As of two weeks ago, whenever I try to AP I fall asleep. And not just: "I lose focus and fall asleep", no I'm talking about conking out as soon as my head hits the pillow. Which is odd, because I don't feel tired in the slightest, not even when I'm lying down.
My AP routine is as follows: I meditate for around 15 minutes while listening to binaural beats tailored to meditation, I listen to delta (4hz) waves for around 20 minutes, and I listen to theta waves for five minutes before trying to AP (I let the theta waves go on as I try to AP).
So my questions are: Is this a good routine to follow for AP? Are the delta waves what's putting me to sleep? Should I just try to AP earlier? What beats are better for AP? Will smoking affect my ability to AP (off topic)? What is a good pre-AP routine to follow?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:01 AM
Master

I have had that problem. I do not like listening to CD's that is too relaxing or even listening to someone's voice can put me to sleep. You are the best person to work out what is making you fall asleep. Experiment and try to find out. People say it is best not to try to ap at bedtime as you are likely to be tired and fall asleep. It is a lot harder to ap if you are tired. I try to ap when I am not tired. Not being tired is the best time to try to ap. Peoples routine would be different to you. What works for one person may not work for another person. I would suggest to keep doing what you are doing. I would not change your routine much. Just try to find out what is putting you to sleep and change that.
I find I have to concentrate. To be able to concentrate is extremely important. If I loose concentration just for a moment I can fall asleep. If I keep concentrated I ap. I may not listen to anything and if I do not concentrate I fall asleep. I know I repeated myself but I am trying to get my point across. Concentration is extremely important.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Denverkol

Another thing I'd like to ask is what does numbness mean? I've experienced on multiple occasions parts of my body going numb. My face, my feet, my chest, my hands and forearms and sometimes a combination. And I'm not talking about parts of my body falling asleep, I'm talking about a numbness that goes aways as soon as I open my eyes.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Master

Today I was listening to the author William Buhlman of ap books. He says numbness is a sign that you can ap. I was reading in another book today by a different author and she said the same thing. She said if it was not due to you lying down for long that is causing it then it is an ap symptom. I believe this is correct. Next time it happens, try to ap. Do not think of your body as that will end it.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:30 AM
Denverkol

I thought that it was vibrations were the sing that you can AP? I remember feeling vibrations before falling asleep and rolling onto my side, sending the vibrations packing. Also how focused should I be? From what I gather, my focus needs to be on the edge of a razor.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Master

Any sensation you have can lead to ap. One time I felt my forehead tingle slightly. I did not pay any attention to it and the next moment I ap somewhere. If I did not notice it I would have fallen asleep. You have to be very focused to ap. This is how it is for me. If I noticed that my body is feeling different I am prepared to ap. I know I am going to ap any moment. I might be seeing something when my eyes are closed so I have to notice that or I will likely fall asleep. Your inner self could move out of your body. That has happened to me sometimes. If I was not aware of it I would have fallen asleep. There are probably more examples why it is important to concentrate.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Master
Hey Den, frustrating isnt it lol I agree with suzy about the numbness and any sensation being able to precursor AP if used like a trigger point, they build as time goes on you kinda collect your own catalogue!!
Try not to get caught up on anything that is supposed to happen that youve heard or read etc, remember this is individualistic, alot of people AP without vibration for example, alot of people AP without a cord, all successfully.
I cant add much about the beats used, ive tried them a few times and they just void me out everytime, but i know loads of people use them with great success, hence what i mean about finding what works for you, i think some other member use them regularly so they may have some top tips for that.
And as i said in another post recently the best preparation is to think about your intentions as often as possible, live, eat, breathe them!
Are you going for the AP at night before youve rested? If so is there anyway you could wake yourself a little earlier in the morning, spend a little time up, get a drink use the loo etc, all the while your doing that keep just pre running over in your mind your going to go back to bed and AP, if you have an intention with it or where you want to go, then keep that inmind aswell, then try again. Also play around with it, try with beats, try without. If your to tired it can be more of a challenge getting out there.
But yeh intention and focus are your friends out there, you cannot have to much focus or intention in my learning on this subject so far, the more you have the longer you can stay out there, the easier it is to get out there and the easier it generally all becomes.
I Dont travel without intent unless im called to now, and then thats out of my hands lol but you cant ever have enough focus, it can take you to the places where our silly minds wont harass the experience :)
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 05-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Denverkol

I'd also like to know if there are any substances that can hinder your ability to AP. Things like alcohol, tobacco or caffeine (aside from the fact that it keepts you awake). Do these things just lower your vibration rate? Or do they do something else you you (besides being unhealthy).
Old 05-11-2013, 10:54 PM
JoeJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverkol
I'd also like to know if there are any substances that can hinder your ability to AP. Things like alcohol, tobacco or caffeine (aside from the fact that it keepts you awake). Do these things just lower your vibration rate? Or do they do something else you you (besides being unhealthy).

I've never been able to AP being drunk. Due to passing out to quickly. I drink caffeine everyday so I'm going to assume it doesn't help nor hinder me in anyway other then maybe it keeping me up longer if I slammed an energy drink before bed. But being unhealthy... I've noticed that Im able to AP a lot more. Probably due to the fact I'm Resting a bigger portion of the day. Trying to relax/Dozing off.

Cheers,

Joe