Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Yes, this has been mentioned before. And there's more in that which has been imparted to us. As not exclusionary it applies to everyone. Shifting the perspective really doesn't change the question. Opposite arguments are from what I can see the same argument because by extension we have the problem, talking about what it is not to someone else by extension. Why even say God is this or that, just give that up. Yes, maybe.
People have their own reasons for believing what God is or is not, so usually you're talking about agenda as much as anything else.

Quote:
Know thyself. Don't think it possible not to know but maybe. Let me give a for instance and a subject that touches upon these definition aspects. It's said God is Love. Who is saying this. Both God and I say this. If God did not say this I would. The perception is more then knowledge based and include experience and observation I say independently of God. Element of choice seeing. Self as said may also be a dimensional entanglement (non local that appears local) mentioned in the thread. As to why the body sees itself not as it is, is simple enough. Personally in regard to act I believe we know why we do things (in the heart center) if that was brought up. Intriguing question. Can one have their own opinion, can you be you.
If both you and God say this then who are you and who is God? What we end up with is yet another discussion not only about what God is (and so far this thread is doing a pretty bad job) and what self/self/I/ is - and that discussion often turns out to be yet another pretty bad job. They both boil down to agenda and definitions. If Spirituality is to be believed then you and God are not separate because separation doesn't exist. Can you be entangled with yourself? Ummmmm..........

Do we know why we do things, really? Few would admit to having an agenda - which is where beliefs often come from. Spirituality is often a survival mechanism that has been around since the days of hominids. Much else comes from Pavlov's Theory and Maslo's Hierarchy of Needs, neither of which are discussed within Spirituality because although they provide part of the framework Spirituality is based on, they are non-Spiritual subjects and therefore not valid. Which I can attest to after having been branded as a heretic more than once for broaching the subject.

Quote:
Yeah, me or God. I have to ask where dose any post come from. Shifting the perspective doesn't change the question. It remains the same question. I imagine this post comes from the place all writings might.

As far as I'm concerned my posts come from me, in whatever shape or form that 'me' is. Just right now 'I' and my consciousness are both in the same place, but I am fully aware that there are times when my consciousness has either shut itself down and allowed the physical body to just get on with it, or completely detached itself from the physical. Conceptually, well..... Pick a belief that suits your agenda.

Quote:
Even go back further. Much in history is lost. Imo there was a history before that history no less important. Can one even imagine having the first thought about God, what that was like. It was totally new. No such thing as a first thought any more.
It depends on how you define God. The God concept came originally from the Sumerians, and God was either Enlil or Anu depending on how the Cuneiform is translated. Prior to that is theory and it's not known how far back the so-called God gene goes, it could go as far back as the hominids or the Stoned Apes. Similarly the Mayans had the Viracochas and for 495 cultures across the globe and history there were the Shining Ones who appeared in various guises, including the Bible as angels and the Elohim. The groundwork for God was already there in various forms, until Zoroastrianism - which pre-dates Christianity by the way - came up with Ahura Mazda as the all-powerful single deity. There's certainly been a lot of recycling going on and depending on how you look at it you could say evolution, but I'm not sure about new though.