Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm really getting this Love thing...

I am surrounded by stupid people.
For decades they do the same thing and get into the same messes and
can be so unhappy and so negative continually.
I thought, 'I should stop having these people as friends.'
Wrong.

They are loving people - and what is the most important of these...Love.
Not faith or wisdom...they don't have much of those, oh well,,,,they have love.
And so I will continue on and just do what I've been doing - love them and be kind and generous.

It's the most important thing. I get it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Master
Yes I know what you mean, I also wanted to walk away from such people, like they just suck all the life energy from you, but I will always be there if they need me, but I no longer let them drag me into their problems, and that's where we need to keep the balance, for our own good and also for theirs.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Master
I said it another thread and I feel it here also.

The challenge is to let go of what we think love would have us do
- leave those folks or stay with them -
and let Love Itself lead in all things
surrendering into Love's pure presence
each moment.

Xan

Old 04-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Mary Baker

Loving people does not necessarily involve loving everything they do, and that includes ourselves. If we or they do or think things harmful to self or others we go back to the advice of loving the sinner while hating the sin, or to use my favorite analogy, the one given me by the one I call God, love the person but not the spiritual illness that makes them spiritually sick. So The Lord showed me his love for me while saddened that I was spiritually ill and provided spiritual healing.

We, every one, are precious to God, so he proffers salvation when we are in spiritual peril.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 PM
WELL, since I decided to just love some friend despite her huge downer, negativity and stuckness- I helped move a leather couch for her...and getting no thank you, plus attitude..bec I wouldn't actually drive an hr and then back to the Ikea store to get the darn couch....I have my boundaries....
I have decided to love her from afar - and swim at the other end of the pool.
She is part of my friendship group, but I'm not that close to her.

When I see her over a cocktail I'll smile big - give my hugs and sit a couple seats down... she won't know why...that's love, I think, not hurting her.
The little uppity snot....oops.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Ascender
Right on Miss Hep

Thats the spirit

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 05-06-2012, 07:49 AM
hasbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
WELL, since I decided to just love some friend despite her huge downer, negativity and stuckness- I helped move a leather couch for her...and getting no thank you, plus attitude..bec I wouldn't actually drive an hr and then back to the Ikea store to get the darn couch....I have my boundaries....
I have decided to love her from afar - and swim at the other end of the pool.
She is part of my friendship group, but I'm not that close to her.

When I see her over a cocktail I'll smile big - give my hugs and sit a couple seats down... she won't know why...that's love, I think, not hurting her.
The little uppity snot....oops.

I agree with Loveyduck. It is not always "love" to do everything for someone. We may think that love means being a servant. It does and it doesn't at the same time. In a time of genuine need, it is good and right to come to someone's aide. However, many times we help people because we worry about what they think of us (ego) and not because we are thinking about that person's journey and what they need to learn. Adversity is a great teacher and sometimes we can ruin the lesson by being too helpful.

As Xan so insightfully said earlier, we must be sensitive to the leadings of the spirit of love, because our human reaction to a situation may not be what is best for that person's journey. When we tune in to what is happening spiritually, we may see a wise purpose where we thought there were just random events.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am surrounded by stupid people. For decades they do the same thing and get into the same messes and can be so unhappy and so negative continually.I thought, 'I should stop having these people as friends.' Wrong.They are loving people - and what is the most important of these...Love.Not faith or wisdom...they don't have much of those, oh well,,,,they have love.And so I will continue on and just do what I've been doing - love them and be kind and generous.It's the most important thing. I get it.

true love dosen't go to the public complaining about others in such matter. you don't think that wasn't "stupid"?, considering you now say... "I will continue on and just do what I've been doing - love them and be kind and generous". they are imperfect, JUST as you are, as we ALL are. i'm sure to others you've done or said something over the years that would seem "stupid". try checking yourself before you try checking others.

remember 1Cor.13:4..."Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily" , (in some bibles LOVE is replace with "charity",which takes away from Jehovah God's true meaning).
also you're wrong...when it comes to Jehovah God and Jesus, faith and wisdom IS very important. because with wisdom, we would know how to conduct ourselves when it comes to following God's word. peace
Old 06-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
true love dosen't go to the public complaining about others in such matter. you don't think that wasn't "stupid"?, considering you now say... "I will continue on and just do what I've been doing - love them and be kind and generous". they are imperfect, JUST as you are, as we ALL are. i'm sure to others you've done or said something over the years that would seem "stupid". try checking yourself before you try checking others.

remember 1Cor.13:4..."Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily" , (in some bibles LOVE is replace with "charity",which takes away from Jehovah God's true meaning).
also you're wrong...when it comes to Jehovah God and Jesus, faith and wisdom IS very important. because with wisdom, we would know how to conduct ourselves when it comes to following God's word. peace
Feel better now?

Old 07-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Master

Miss Hep:

It only matters what we think, not what others think about us...which having read some of your posts, I know you know, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

The world we live in tells us we must think the other way round - as I embrace this concept, I find so many things uncovered in my life that make me question, "why did I always believe I had to do (this) or (that) because that other person's feelings were more important than mine?

No more!!! If someone in my life is sucking the energy out of me, poof! I don't have any more of my energy to lift them up and do things that are never appreciated, that just come with more "what have you done for me lately"s laments.

My life feels so much better now that I am not around them - I am taking a hiatis. For how long, I don't know.....

Thanks for all the inspiring posts. It helps!! We don't have to love everyone, or share our love, we can just share our light and that is A-OK. I am not ready to be that open yet and share my love yet with people who it is so hard to love and not feel like it is reciprocated. I don't know if I will every be ready, or if it will be right for me to do, but I have learned, never say never.

Light.