Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Yes, this has been mentioned before. And there's more in that which has been imparted to us. As not exclusionary it applies to everyone. Shifting the perspective really doesn't change the question. Opposite arguments are from what I can see the same argument because by extension we have the problem, talking about what it is not to someone else by extension. Why even say God is this or that, just give that up. Yes, maybe.
People have their own reasons for believing what God is or is not, so usually you're talking about agenda as much as anything else.

Quote:
Know thyself. Don't think it possible not to know but maybe. Let me give a for instance and a subject that touches upon these definition aspects. It's said God is Love. Who is saying this. Both God and I say this. If God did not say this I would. The perception is more then knowledge based and include experience and observation I say independently of God. Element of choice seeing. Self as said may also be a dimensional entanglement (non local that appears local) mentioned in the thread. As to why the body sees itself not as it is, is simple enough. Personally in regard to act I believe we know why we do things (in the heart center) if that was brought up. Intriguing question. Can one have their own opinion, can you be you.
If both you and God say this then who are you and who is God? What we end up with is yet another discussion not only about what God is (and so far this thread is doing a pretty bad job) and what self/self/I/ is - and that discussion often turns out to be yet another pretty bad job. They both boil down to agenda and definitions. If Spirituality is to be believed then you and God are not separate because separation doesn't exist. Can you be entangled with yourself? Ummmmm..........

Do we know why we do things, really? Few would admit to having an agenda - which is where beliefs often come from. Spirituality is often a survival mechanism that has been around since the days of hominids. Much else comes from Pavlov's Theory and Maslo's Hierarchy of Needs, neither of which are discussed within Spirituality because although they provide part of the framework Spirituality is based on, they are non-Spiritual subjects and therefore not valid. Which I can attest to after having been branded as a heretic more than once for broaching the subject.

Quote:
Yeah, me or God. I have to ask where dose any post come from. Shifting the perspective doesn't change the question. It remains the same question. I imagine this post comes from the place all writings might.

As far as I'm concerned my posts come from me, in whatever shape or form that 'me' is. Just right now 'I' and my consciousness are both in the same place, but I am fully aware that there are times when my consciousness has either shut itself down and allowed the physical body to just get on with it, or completely detached itself from the physical. Conceptually, well..... Pick a belief that suits your agenda.

Quote:
Even go back further. Much in history is lost. Imo there was a history before that history no less important. Can one even imagine having the first thought about God, what that was like. It was totally new. No such thing as a first thought any more.
It depends on how you define God. The God concept came originally from the Sumerians, and God was either Enlil or Anu depending on how the Cuneiform is translated. Prior to that is theory and it's not known how far back the so-called God gene goes, it could go as far back as the hominids or the Stoned Apes. Similarly the Mayans had the Viracochas and for 495 cultures across the globe and history there were the Shining Ones who appeared in various guises, including the Bible as angels and the Elohim. The groundwork for God was already there in various forms, until Zoroastrianism - which pre-dates Christianity by the way - came up with Ahura Mazda as the all-powerful single deity. There's certainly been a lot of recycling going on and depending on how you look at it you could say evolution, but I'm not sure about new though.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:33 PM
Guide
The way i see it is God is the creator, he creates existences. His purpose is to perpetuate infinity. 1 becomes 2, then 3 and so on and eventually we have every single way.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Greetings Greenslade,

Well thawing out a bit here. Been hibernating a little, outside of going to work.
It's winter after all, but still gets a bit brutal. Thank you for the kind thoughts.
Makes me wonder if this is going to be the norm. Getting too old for it

There seem a lot of finger pointing goes on. If things go well, praise be God, if not God is a jerk.(said lightly).

It seems expectations are set up for it to be the way thought, taught, and bought into being. As you allude to, it does appear much is of ones own making.

I don't know for sure. How can that which is beyond reason, beyond thinking, and beyond the mind to grasp be understood if not atleast attempted to discuss and described.

Some speak of direct experience. Yet, even these at times clash. For how can one be sure or know if one has not experienced it? Yet, five people may have the same experience and get five different stories/descriptions about it.

Seems it does involve the brain box to interpret and relate things to living in this physical realm. All is not even known about this physical realm and here some are attempting to explain what is beyond it?

Yes, atleast admit it is something to consider or suggested but not it in its entirety. 'Cause some things just need to be experienced to understand and/or grasp.

Not all scientists know for sure. Not all spiritual people claim to know either. You do get arrogance and ego games and such in any field of exploration. "Right is the best direction, no left is". "Let's call it...., but what is....?".

It does seem to get filtered through the mind to create some sort of connection and make sense at present. The thing is life is not stagnant, so what is at present may change or shift in perspective. Either notice this, go with it or blow it off and attempt to keep it the same.

There does seem to be some sort of intellegence behind creation, but is it seperated from the process/act? Or intertwined with in the machinics of what manifests.

Came across awhile back "to think is to create". This to me implies as one thinks it to be, one creates it to be. Follows a bit in line with what you present in the sense of creating our own realities. Maybe on a individual level, but in the grand scale is it thought about.

Does a dog question itself being a dog? What drives humans to question who we are? Maybe encoded with in our genes. Maybe something passed down and won't settle until the riddle is solved.

Some don't ponder so much on it. Hey ain't gonna pay the rent and besides got to get through this,.at the moment. Still may hold hope that it is not all for nothing.

I am of creation, a being with in the process. Possessing the ability to create with that which is given or has taken form to be me. I am not a bird to fly, or a fish to live in water, or anything else at present but me. What am I getting at?

Creation is the whole show and am but an actor upon its stage. So when saying of God, mean not the whole whatever it may be, but an extension of/within life unfolding and continuing.

But, life does not just involve me, nor is it all about me. May think so at times in order to get through this current life, but much more goes on then I may ever be aware of or know. The continuance of that which has, is, and will be set forth. This to me alludes to presence beyond what is thought to be and just being.

Spirituality in some circles seem more concerned with where we "should" be going, instead of where we are. In other circles saying be present and notice where you are. Science in a way same thing. Which can create more change?
Yes, and those humble enough recognize that each are just suggestions and possibilities, but not the whole picture.

Yes, it is right here, right now. What the universe has is within us.
Hey there Moonglow

Actually, hibernating isn't such a bad thing anyway because the body tends to slow down a little with the inset of the cold, and dark nights tend to make us a little grumpy so shutting down through it all isn't such a bad thing. It's what our ancestors used to do.

How can anyone be sure of anything, Moonglow? When the car crash happened my consciousness shut itself down, pretty much. I hadn't blacked out because I was very aware that is was..... not sure where. There was total blackness all around and there was no sensation of anything external. There was no feeling of standing or sitting or anything else. All I was aware of was my own being. There were times when I would have a short sensation that seemed to sneak in from the outside what seemed like a shift in consciousness. The was the sensation of my foot on the brake pedal for a few seconds, I heard my wife screaming and that was about it. My wife was very aware of what was happening and said that if it hadn't been for my reactions and how I handled it, we would have been killed.

So what was going on there? While my consciousness shut itself off from the event did my body have an experience, did my mind have the experience, does anything have the experience if my consciousness didn't? The event happened, I braked and new that there was a car on my rear left rear quarter so had the sense not to try and swerve left, and there was a barrier on my right and must have known not to try. When I look at the dashcam footage I can guess what was going through my mind but as far as I'm aware it hadn't. Did it?

What did I experience, really? Did I experience it? If I am the detached consciousness who was driving the car, who had the reactions and the sense? Even without my consciousness I was still... there was something going on.

"To think is to create" but was I thinking as I averted disaster or was there something else going on?

I was watching a TEDx YouTube on the topic of bringing Spirituality and science together again, apparently it was the same thing at one but they fell out. The speaker suggested that God was a personification of all of reality, and that science was a way to explain God's creations. If God created the heavens and the earth, science explains the working of the planets and why they are in orbit with the sun. But I guess science is something that's difficult to have a monopoly over, specially in the process that turns theories into facts. Facts mean that something has been tried and tested, while beliefs can mean anything anyone wants them to be.

Doesn't "All that Is" include God?
Old 07-02-2019, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Hey there Moonglow

Actually, hibernating isn't such a bad thing anyway because the body tends to slow down a little with the inset of the cold, and dark nights tend to make us a little grumpy so shutting down through it all isn't such a bad thing. It's what our ancestors used to do.

How can anyone be sure of anything, Moonglow? When the car crash happened my consciousness shut itself down, pretty much. I hadn't blacked out because I was very aware that is was..... not sure where. There was total blackness all around and there was no sensation of anything external. There was no feeling of standing or sitting or anything else. All I was aware of was my own being. There were times when I would have a short sensation that seemed to sneak in from the outside what seemed like a shift in consciousness. The was the sensation of my foot on the brake pedal for a few seconds, I heard my wife screaming and that was about it. My wife was very aware of what was happening and said that if it hadn't been for my reactions and how I handled it, we would have been killed.

So what was going on there? While my consciousness shut itself off from the event did my body have an experience, did my mind have the experience, does anything have the experience if my consciousness didn't? The event happened, I braked and new that there was a car on my rear left rear quarter so had the sense not to try and swerve left, and there was a barrier on my right and must have known not to try. When I look at the dashcam footage I can guess what was going through my mind but as far as I'm aware it hadn't. Did it?

What did I experience, really? Did I experience it? If I am the detached consciousness who was driving the car, who had the reactions and the sense? Even without my consciousness I was still... there was something going on.

"To think is to create" but was I thinking as I averted disaster or was there something else going on?

I was watching a TEDx YouTube on the topic of bringing Spirituality and science together again, apparently it was the same thing at one but they fell out. The speaker suggested that God was a personification of all of reality, and that science was a way to explain God's creations. If God created the heavens and the earth, science explains the working of the planets and why they are in orbit with the sun. But I guess science is something that's difficult to have a monopoly over, specially in the process that turns theories into facts. Facts mean that something has been tried and tested, while beliefs can mean anything anyone wants them to be.

Doesn't "All that Is" include God?

Hey there Greenslade,

It is what I tend to do during the dark winter months. I kind of shut down. It seems in relationship with Winter being related to time of rest. I tend to get more introverted and find have to get out to reassociate a bit, otherwise get to self enclosed, which is not always healthy for me. But yes, at times the instincts kick in to shut down a little and let the systems regenerate.

Interesting on your experience. I don't really know. Sounds to me like you kicked into survival mode and was focused on just keeping you and the Mrs. alive. No time to over think, it seems it was a time to just survive.

Perhaps there is a detachment that goes on. For if the thinking about what could happen or how and such may interfere with the instinct to survive and hopefully get through it. Just a thought on this.

What is consciousness anyways? It sounds like you were very conscious of the moment and what was happening, but not over thinking. Pure reflex?

It is a shock to the system when something traumatic happens or can be when witnessed. Suppose need time to process it and heal from it.

Glad you and the Mrs. survived it. Sending good thoughts your way for what healing is needed.

Back to God. If taken God is all there is then this suggests to me that Science and Spirituality are not that different in attempting to explore God. Just different focus. But, some "spiritual" teachings use nature as an example of divine connection and opening up. The Lotus comes to mind. A plant that grows in muck, grows to reveal a beautiful flower.

Seems life can be like that. Sometimes the most difficult times can bring forth strength and reveal ones own beauty in how he/she copes with it. Brings to mind a friend of mine who passed away due to cancer. I had a long talk with him about a month before he passed and he was working on a book about gratitude and expressed how grateful he was. It was very beautiful.

The divine is very subtle and I think when one stops worrying about it, stops trying to figure it all out and define it, this is when it truly shines. For the barriers are down and consciousness freely flows to bring awareness to what is happening right now.

I feel a bit unattached at times and not always sure why? Sometimes feel like my spirit is working ( for lack of better word) on something and feel a bit distracted. Not that its seperated from me, just feels like an itch that needs to be scratched, if that makes sense.

As far as God, created by ones belief, doesn't this create it to be? In its essence, then is it not the essence of life itself? All that which has been infused into the term, does this not also create what it symbolizes? Just thoughts here.

If so no wonder it can get a bit looney. No wonder some say "let go and let God"
I like "Let it be". A good song as well

Suppose it is how one feels it to be. Maybe God is the higher virtues we strive for and the inspiration to enhance ourselves to live them. But have to be aware of both sides in order to be aware of the whole, I suppose.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Can you be entangled with yourself? Ummmmm..........
Yes You say we (all) are God playing at not being God. How can I speak for God, even if it's playing at not being God but has to remain and be God. My feeling is no one can speak for God, that's up to God to do. Now I don't understand why it doesn't.
Quote:
Do we know why we do things, really? Few would admit to having an agenda - which is where beliefs often come from. Spirituality is often a survival mechanism that has been around since the days of hominids. Much else comes from Pavlov's
Obviously yes, you just provided an answer. You may be surprised I agree with this. I see it and a very difficult concept to get sense of tbs. But what is being talked about is really nature, not something that is not nature. Nature is in humans (nature). What is conflict for instance. A lower life form defends it's territory and so do humans. It is programmed. It is very primal and primitive. This energy is recognized and done by every life form. Underestimates nature itself is but a program. I also believe there is territory of the mind that follow the same pattern.
Quote:
It depends on how you define God. .... at it you could say evolution, but I'm not sure about new though.
yes. agrees. All this is known. It's almost as though we're so young in consciousness we don't know this. We've been fumbling around searching having been told by a single person btw early in our history which I now find astounding. And consciousness seems to lock itself in, in defending itself. Everything today came for the past, as mention evolution of it. It is well establish cultures borrowed (ideas) from each other where no culture could say thank you to the other. That which was adopted and ownership was claimed as being original. This is the form consciousness takes. In reality we imagining (about) consciousness in concert ways as thought it were input. Reality is formed and support by input or that which becomes input. And as said above consciousness will protect itself because consciousness becomes reality. Consciousness takes on form in the mind.

Last edited by lemex : 08-02-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hey there Greenslade,

It is what I tend to do during the dark winter months. I kind of shut down. It seems in relationship with Winter being related to time of rest. I tend to get more introverted and find have to get out to reassociate a bit, otherwise get to self enclosed, which is not always healthy for me. But yes, at times the instincts kick in to shut down a little and let the systems regenerate.

Interesting on your experience. I don't really know. Sounds to me like you kicked into survival mode and was focused on just keeping you and the Mrs. alive. No time to over think, it seems it was a time to just survive.

Perhaps there is a detachment that goes on. For if the thinking about what could happen or how and such may interfere with the instinct to survive and hopefully get through it. Just a thought on this.

What is consciousness anyways? It sounds like you were very conscious of the moment and what was happening, but not over thinking. Pure reflex?

It is a shock to the system when something traumatic happens or can be when witnessed. Suppose need time to process it and heal from it.

Glad you and the Mrs. survived it. Sending good thoughts your way for what healing is needed.

Back to God. If taken God is all there is then this suggests to me that Science and Spirituality are not that different in attempting to explore God. Just different focus. But, some "spiritual" teachings use nature as an example of divine connection and opening up. The Lotus comes to mind. A plant that grows in muck, grows to reveal a beautiful flower.

Seems life can be like that. Sometimes the most difficult times can bring forth strength and reveal ones own beauty in how he/she copes with it. Brings to mind a friend of mine who passed away due to cancer. I had a long talk with him about a month before he passed and he was working on a book about gratitude and expressed how grateful he was. It was very beautiful.

The divine is very subtle and I think when one stops worrying about it, stops trying to figure it all out and define it, this is when it truly shines. For the barriers are down and consciousness freely flows to bring awareness to what is happening right now.

I feel a bit unattached at times and not always sure why? Sometimes feel like my spirit is working ( for lack of better word) on something and feel a bit distracted. Not that its seperated from me, just feels like an itch that needs to be scratched, if that makes sense.

As far as God, created by ones belief, doesn't this create it to be? In its essence, then is it not the essence of life itself? All that which has been infused into the term, does this not also create what it symbolizes? Just thoughts here.

If so no wonder it can get a bit looney. No wonder some say "let go and let God"
I like "Let it be". A good song as well

Suppose it is how one feels it to be. Maybe God is the higher virtues we strive for and the inspiration to enhance ourselves to live them. But have to be aware of both sides in order to be aware of the whole, I suppose.
Hi Moonglow

If it's any consolation I have some of that caveman gene as well, winter is the time to slow down and snuggle up when the mights get so dark there's very little daylight. Dawn is around 8:00am or so and dusk around 4:00pm, and the sun barely lifts its head above the horizon. It's kinda nice in a way because it's comforting, and there's a strange feeling of being connected to nature again and my ancestors.

I know I've got a survival mode and sometimes the mind does curious things to escape, which is curious because if the thinking part of my mind has shut down what's driving the actions? I don't know what was going on but it was certainly curious to say the least. And thank you for your kind thoughts.

The 'muck' isn't 'muck' and while we're on the subject we came from a pool of 'muck'. So there. That 'muck' has the basic ingredients for the support of Life, along with the effects the immediate environment has to offer. It's been said that if you don't know where you've come from you don't know where you're going, so there's something very humbling in that. If it's called 'muck' how does that reflect on how we perceive our origins? That idea, that mentality is produced by a thinking pattern that carries on through.

It's like the old story of the chrysalis, it only survives its rebirth because the struggle to escape its pupa gives it the strength to survive. It seems a shame that often we have to come to such depths and darkness and be surrounded by what we have to escape before we can find the strength but there it s anyway.

In the times before death our whole perspective can change so completely and it can find so many things that were not there in Life, perhaps we become so encapsulated by Life that our entire focus is on it. When the focussing on Life and all of its distractions is taken away from us, what's really important can come out of its pupa. It's a wonderful thing to come to realise and just as wonderful to witness - to bear witness to.

We don't have to go looking for the divine, the divine will come to us when we create the space for it to be known. It is not external to us, it is a part of us. When we are looking for divinity then divinity can't come through, divinity only comes to us when we stop creating the space that is not 'compatible'.

This is a time of change, Moonglow. The winter Solstice was in December and the lead-up to that meant you were slowly receding, as you mentioned at the start of your post. I begin to notice the changes from around the beginning of November; the days shorten more visibly, the sun seems to change its frequency and by then the trees are pretty much bare. It's usually into January when I begin to notice the changes again, after the hurly-burly of Christmas and its aftermath. That has an effect on our consciousness, it's very subtle but it's there just the same.

Sometimes we can detach from ourselves, we can retreat into ourselves either consciously or unconsciously, we're never really disconnected but sometimes the mind can compartmentalise itself and shut down sections for a time until it processes. The shutdown happens subconsciously but often what's in our subconscious can slowly bubble up to the surface to become that itch that you can't scratch. When it's all been processed by your subconscious and it comes to a conclusion, it'll feed back to your conscious mind and the itch will be gone.

It's been said that if you know God you don't know God, so if you say "God is..." then what are you actually talking about? Even saying that God is omnipotent is applying definitions to God, because 'omnipotent' is a definition and isn't God beyond all that? But we still need a word to communicate with, we still need something for the egoic mind to grasp so we create a personification for something that is beyond our grasp, something that is the embodiment of what we perceive. The father-figure, the 'person' that gives us laws and keeps us on the straight and narrow..... The embodiment of the higher virtues that we strive for.

Does Spirit do Spirituality? It's when we begin in the muck like your Lotus flower and open our glory to the Universe that it all makes sense, because if there was no muck there would be nowhere for the glory to come from.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes You say we (all) are God playing at not being God. How can I speak for God, even if it's playing at not being God but has to remain and be God. My feeling is no one can speak for God, that's up to God to do. Now I don't understand why it doesn't.
The understanding there is that YOU are God playing at being not-God, and what often skews that understanding is our definitions of us not being God. God doesn't speak for himself because you haven't spoken for yourself.

Quote:
Obviously yes, you just provided an answer. You may be surprised I agree with this. I see it and a very difficult concept to get sense of tbs. But what is being talked about is really nature, not something that is not nature. Nature is in humans (nature). What is conflict for instance. A lower life form defends it's territory and so do humans. It is programmed. It is very primal and primitive. This energy is recognized and done by every life form. Underestimates nature itself is but a program. I also believe there is territory of the mind that follow the same pattern.
Actually I'm a little stunned that you agree because few seem to think past the theologies and ideologies.

For some Spirituality is their 'territory', it's where they feel safe and they have control over what they believe. The mind has ways to protect itself and can 'retreat' or even shut itself down completely it there is a perceived threat. Or it can come out fighting. There is also cognitive dissonance where there are conflicting thought patterns that the mind seeks to resolve in certain ways.

Transcendence makes more sense and is more powerful when you understand what you're transcending.

Quote:
yes. agrees. All this is known. It's almost as though we're so young in consciousness we don't know this. We've been fumbling around searching having been told by a single person btw early in our history which I now find astounding. And consciousness seems to lock itself in, in defending itself. Everything today came for the past, as mention evolution of it. It is well establish cultures borrowed (ideas) from each other where no culture could say thank you to the other. That which was adopted and ownership was claimed as being original. This is the form consciousness takes. In reality we imagining (about) consciousness in concert ways as thought it were input. Reality is formed and support by input or that which becomes input. And as said above consciousness will protect itself because consciousness becomes reality. Consciousness takes on form in the mind.
Have we been told by a single person from ancient history or have we chosen to believe it? Had people not revered Abraham or any other guru for that matter they would have faded into obscurity. They would have been seen as the crackpots of their time. We created them, they didn't 'create us. They didn't tell us, we listened and believed.

If you look at the evolution of music you get a better picture of what's going on. In America especially, and in some areas of ultra-conservative America music and youth culture was tightly controlled by parents, in the way the Catholic Church had control of religion and the earth was flat or else! Elvis Presley cam along and took music from the cotton fields and made it popular, youth rebellion began. Similarly, New Age Spirituality began. As Elvis brought music that had its roots in ancient Africa into the public consciousness, New Age Spirituality brought ancient religions to the fore. Spirituality goes through periods where there are certain popular themes at work, for instance discussions on the Higher Self were all the rage in the forums but now not to much. In the same way punk music was all the rage because it was a reply to the political and economic environment at the time. Often Spirituality is just that too, or a rebellion against the established beliefs and dogmas. I remember sitting in the car with my daughter and singing along to an old song that had been re-written. My daughter was shocked because to her it was a new song, original. And now we have all flavours of rock music the same as we have so many flavours of this or that religion/belief system.

It's been said that every religion was right for that people at that time, and the same can be said for today's Spirituality because if you look closely enough there's a symbiotic relationship between society and the wider Spirituality. Similarly in ancient times. There was what is known as the three green crescents which are crescent-shaped areas of civilisation and culture. There were largely Egypt, Sumeria and the Indus valley. What is quite obvious is that those three civilisations were influencing each other and 'leaking out' into other areas, such as the areas where Christianity came from. Egyptian Thoth became Hermes, who was three gods rolled into one - the Christian Trinity. Monotheism has its roots in Sumeria, which is where Abraham got it from - or he might have stolen it from the Zoroastrian Ahura Mazda.

Those that choose Abraham as the originator are really no better than anyone else, because the concept of God is pre-Abrahamic. Yahweh is the title the Sumerians gave Enlil while Enki's title was Satam.

Again if I said you were talking out of your backside, what is it you're defending? You become conscious that you are defending, and if you de-construct what you're defending and your reasons for it.....

If you are conscious because you read books and watch YouTubes what does that mean? It means your consciousness is emergent of your input - as you call it. You are now a little more conscious of what's in my head as I am more conscious of what's in your head. Isn't all consciousness consciousness just the same? Or are there different flavours and degrees of importance? But does consciousness take form in the mind or does it become conscious of the form of the mind?

Spirituality has it backwards, because both Spirituality and science agrees that matter is emergent of consciousness - not the other way around. You are not conscious because you are here, you are here because you are conscious. And before you start thinking about that put some cotton wool in your ears, it's stop your brains leaking out.
Old 25-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewg3
2) We emerged from a pool of energy and consciousness (God being the source)

I subscribe to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewg3
If God created us, then who created God?

This is an awesome question. Do any of you have an answer for this?

Heal yourself and you heal the world

~
Old 28-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus

Quote:If God created us, then who created God?

This is an awesome question. Do any of you have an answer for this?

Simple answer: It has always been.

Complicated answer:

Something does not come out from nothing. There must be something for otherthings to come from.
Like electricity, you can't see God. You can see only its effects (from the bodily point of view). When the light is on, you actually see the electricity flowing through the wire, which is heating up and so radiating the light.
The Electric energy does not disappear. What happens here is only evening out of the energy. When a electrical battery is being used, the energy flows as long as there is a potential on one side, and it flows until it is evened out. The energy is not gone, it has, only, changed its form, so that it becomes unusable by the human understanding.
But with God it is different. When you are happy, then there God is. When you choose to get angry, then you choose not to be happy by denying the source of happiness.
When you deny the source, your energy flows into, literally, nothing. And this you can't really do because God is everywhere and you are 'living' in it. You can only 'dream' that you can do that.

And that is all that the world, in which destruction is possible, is - A dream of nightmares. Whoever chooses to dream it. But the source can't. Because it is not that. If it does, nothing would exist at all in all times.
And so God can not stop being God.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Simple answer: It has always been

I don't think so.
It has not always been.

Just as we are here by creation and by design by "God", (if we want to call them, the team).
This "God" was also created by another source or sources.
Then we can assume the creators of our creators were also designed and were created by another sources.
We will never know the origin that began this pyramid of creations.

We as humans design and create as well.
One day, our own creations will question why we created them, who created us, and why we were created.
When they start questioning these, we as humanity may no longer exist in this universe.

Maybe we and our creators create because our own end will be near, just as all become extinct physically.
Hence the transfer of energy sources to new physical creations, i.e. souls.