Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-11-2012, 06:25 AM
sesheta

I also am of the opinion that I am my own, whole, complete soul - I was not "split in half" or "incomplete" before meeting my TF....BUT - having said that - your TF coming into your life definitely creates a feeling of having "come home"
Old 30-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Tani

Part of our spiritual journey would be to accept other ppls points of view as their own reality....
However doubting and questioning may open the path to knowledge....and there is a different path for everyone...
I respect that....
My humble opinion is...that whatever we don't know about...or haven't yet experienced ....may be out there...existing....only hidden from us...for valid reasons.....
About TF....by no means we should feel incomplete..as we were already 'born' perfect....(only forgot about our wholeness)...we may encounter on our journey lots of soul mates....part of our 'big family'....who will resonate with us on so many level...but there will be a moment in time when we will be ready for the big step..and our twin will show up..to give us the final boost....our twin will resonate with us on the highest level .. that of pure love for the divine....
Our twin will make us remember what we have forgotten....
Old 30-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Deactivated Account

I have not seen anyone here mention the possibility of two wholes making a brand new whole :)

A brand new being. That is my current view on the TF thing.

I use the term TF as its the easiest to let people know what I mean with out going through a whole description.

I cant help but also wonder, the possibility if the whole not liking in a split soul is simply the mind/ego. How could IT possibly be 'half' of something?! Pft! As far as it is concerned it is a full human! Two arms, two legs....

Actually, there is nothing wrong with being half of something is there.....Maybe half is the wrong word, hence why people get so defensive of the concept. After all you can split a full cup of water into two cups.. but doesnt it make any difference to the cup or the water does it?

Any idea of wrong or incomplete is only a bad idea in the concept of the mind. We are after all trying to describe using physical words from a physical point of view, there might not be any words to describe what it really is... we shouldn't get so hung up on descriptions being exactly right.

After all its a 'Twin'... now lets think on that word RIGHT there...TWIN. If you come across twin siblings in the street, we dont call them 'half a person' do we? No. They are each, whole, individuals. Yet they are still 'made of the same stuff'. So why use the word Twin?
Old 30-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Master
Relevant recent thread.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 30-11-2012, 12:11 PM
GhostMachine

Thank you all for so many different answers!! I appreciate the responses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
I have not seen anyone here mention the possibility of two wholes making a brand new whole :)

A brand new being. That is my current view on the TF thing.

I use the term TF as its the easiest to let people know what I mean with out going through a whole description.

I cant help but also wonder, the possibility if the whole not liking in a split soul is simply the mind/ego. How could IT possibly be 'half' of something?! Pft! As far as it is concerned it is a full human! Two arms, two legs....

Actually, there is nothing wrong with being half of something is there.....Maybe half is the wrong word, hence why people get so defensive of the concept. After all you can split a full cup of water into two cups.. but doesnt it make any difference to the cup or the water does it?

Any idea of wrong or incomplete is only a bad idea in the concept of the mind. We are after all trying to describe using physical words from a physical point of view, there might not be any words to describe what it really is... we shouldn't get so hung up on descriptions being exactly right.

After all its a 'Twin'... now lets think on that word RIGHT there...TWIN. If you come across twin siblings in the street, we dont call them 'half a person' do we? No. They are each, whole, individuals. Yet they are still 'made of the same stuff'. So why use the word Twin?

I love this ^^. To me, this makes a lot of sense.

I suppose for myself, personally, I have had a handful of soulmates in my life. People who I loved with the same passion, intensity and happiness as my husband. The difference is that because the timing was off, and our life paths were moving at different speeds, I knew the relationship was temporary. With my husband, everything lined up just right; love, timing, life situation...had this happened with another of my soul mates, I might be married to someone else right now.

But like I said in my OP, the idea has never resonated me. I do not believe that there is just 1 person who is our twin...there are AT LEAST 4 or 5 people who would fit that description that I think we come across in our lifetimes, and different life situations dictate whether or not that one person becomes 'the one' or not.

I guess my next question for those of you that believe in Twin Flames, if you are with your TF.....if they die tomorrow, or decide to leave you, will you close yourself off to being with anyone else after them? Even if you are relatively young and healthy, would you avoid another romantic relationship based solely on the fact that you have already met your twin flame, and won't expect to find another?
Old 30-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Deactivated Account

I guess it depends on your definition. Mates can mean friends or it can mean Mates as in like wolves.

Maybe it is best to use the 'relationship' and your 'feelings' as the guide...not some label or concept.......
Old 30-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Firefly Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine

I guess my next question for those of you that believe in Twin Flames, if you are with your TF.....if they die tomorrow, or decide to leave you, will you close yourself off to being with anyone else after them? Even if you are relatively young and healthy, would you avoid another romantic relationship based solely on the fact that you have already met your twin flame, and won't expect to find another?

Based on the fact that Twin Flames love is unconditional love, one needs to respect that each one is a separate, free individual, and if they decide to leave, you have to honor that. I mean just because you are Twins it does not mean you OWN that person. I see it like a parent/siblings sort of relationship. While your kids are part of you ( and they are,even physically they were created from your own cells ) that does not mean they belong to you.

So yes, by all means, if one of the Twins want out, or needs to follow his path separately, then it is for a reason. It is hard, painful, but it happens.

Now what I think is important to mention here, is that because Twin Flames love each other so much, it is hard to break that connection and this is why some find it hard to be with another person. I, for one, I am more the sort of person who loves because of love, not really by convenience. By that I mean that if my Twin left me I am not going to rush to another relationship just to be with someone else and not be alone anymore. If things with someone else progress to a point I feel I can develop feelings for this person and be fair to this person ( and not just use this person to not be lonely ) then for sure I could give it a shot. The thing is that sometimes we fall so much head over heels with our Twins that it may be hard to move on. Not that you can´t, but it is hard.

That is my way to see things... I also do not believe that Twins are two incomplete parts that need the other to be complete. I think Twins are like the "parents" of soul families. Who had many incarnations together. Who had a bond over time. Who work together to reach more enlightment. Both complete but both part of a unit ( like a family : all different and complete members but all part of one unit : a family ).

Blessings,
Firefly.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
The simplist way I can explain my view of the concept is that we are masculine/feminine energies with the same frequency. Identical in fact, hence the term twins. No one has this frequency except those two individual complete souls. Those in your soul group have similar energies, but not identical and usually incarnate together. The combination of those masculine/feminine energies is what completes us, not the souls themselves. This is relating to balance...masculine/feminine yin/yang/ light/dark etc etc etc.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Knower
I read this sentence this a.m.: "In the end, everything except for God is a metaphor." If God is love, perhaps we can say that "In the end, only love is real." As with any end, there are many means. Or, putting it another way, same mountain, different paths.

I am well on my way to believing (some days I am all the way there ) that we are all one. And that this oneness is unconditional love felt to a degree we cannot even conceive of while we are embodied.)

But, if our hearts open more and more, we can get a wonderful taste of this love and it pulls us deeper into the truth of this oneness. Since language is one of our primary (although not necessarily our most effective) ways of communicating it, we try to describe this feeling that literally defies description.

Labels like twin flame, divine complement and primary soulmate are ways to try to provide some idea of something that is so beautiful it literally takes our breath away. But, and this is only from where I am standing, we can get stuck here, in this yearning that is so overpowering it literally takes our breath away.....we do this because we have been taught in so many ways that this aching desire is for completion as "a couple." What if, we are drawn into these relationships to transcend our whole human concept of what love is.....and what if, we can't really know that while in human form....we can only get a glimpse of what it will be like to be home in oneness.

I Think we all are imbued with God and we all are on a journey "home." And I think we are given these "holy" relationships, these twin flames, as a way to both illuminate the path and move us forward ...(actually, inward) at the same time. And, I believe, the other feels it too....they just may or may not know what is happening.

My apologies if all of this seems convoluted....I'm typing as I think.....and the right words don't always find me.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:45 PM
GhostMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Dancer
Based on the fact that Twin Flames love is unconditional love, one needs to respect that each one is a separate, free individual, and if they decide to leave, you have to honor that. I mean just because you are Twins it does not mean you OWN that person. I see it like a parent/siblings sort of relationship. While your kids are part of you ( and they are,even physically they were created from your own cells ) that does not mean they belong to you.

So yes, by all means, if one of the Twins want out, or needs to follow his path separately, then it is for a reason. It is hard, painful, but it happens.

Now what I think is important to mention here, is that because Twin Flames love each other so much, it is hard to break that connection and this is why some find it hard to be with another person. I, for one, I am more the sort of person who loves because of love, not really by convenience. By that I mean that if my Twin left me I am not going to rush to another relationship just to be with someone else and not be alone anymore. If things with someone else progress to a point I feel I can develop feelings for this person and be fair to this person ( and not just use this person to not be lonely ) then for sure I could give it a shot. The thing is that sometimes we fall so much head over heels with our Twins that it may be hard to move on. Not that you can´t, but it is hard.

That is my way to see things... I also do not believe that Twins are two incomplete parts that need the other to be complete. I think Twins are like the "parents" of soul families. Who had many incarnations together. Who had a bond over time. Who work together to reach more enlightment. Both complete but both part of a unit ( like a family : all different and complete members but all part of one unit : a family ).

Blessings,
Firefly.

Okay, I see where you are coming from...but you didn't answer my question:

If you're perceived twin flame doesn't want to be with you....would you take another partner, even if that person is not your twin flame?