Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-11-2012, 04:46 PM
GhostMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element 5
The simplist way I can explain my view of the concept is that we are masculine/feminine energies with the same frequency. Identical in fact, hence the term twins. No one has this frequency except those two individual complete souls. Those in your soul group have similar energies, but not identical and usually incarnate together. The combination of those masculine/feminine energies is what completes us, not the souls themselves. This is relating to balance...masculine/feminine yin/yang/ light/dark etc etc etc.

Is this applicable to people who are homosexual? Not every homosexual is masculine/feminine in their energy, your explanation sounds very heterosexual.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
Is this applicable to people who are homosexual? Not every homosexual is masculine/feminine in their energy, your explanation sounds very heterosexual.

It is actually completely un-heterosexual. That is why it is described as masculine/feminine energy, not Male/Female. Energies are not referenced by gender. That is why we must balance energies within each of us. The masculine and the feminine. In my opinion this is evident is those that are androgynous. Possibly, they are more balanced in these energies. Gender is then irrelevant in regards to the spritual development and balance I refer to.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:56 PM
GhostMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
I guess it depends on your definition. Mates can mean friends or it can mean Mates as in like wolves.

Maybe it is best to use the 'relationship' and your 'feelings' as the guide...not some label or concept.......

Ahh...now this is where I was going with my thought process.

Why assign the label at all?

I feel that within the 'new age' community, we have injected a lot of fluff and unnecessary labels into the spiritual process, convoluting it and making it much more complicated and misunderstood than it needs to be.

Because, what purpose, do labels serve?

The only thing labels do is give a compartment in which to place a person or idea...to make it feel comfortable..identifiable to ourselves. But in doing that, we simultaneously take away a bit of the wiggle room for change and de-power ourselves in a sense, because we have confined ourselves, or others, with in a word.

This is just another facet of why the twin flame concept falls flat for me.

I also do not believe in soul groups. I'm still not sold on the concept of off-worlders incarnating here. I have found that human beings are completely unaware of their own power, and as I read somewhere....when they meet their soul, they are so blown away by the divine power, they can't help but think it MUST come from some other planet, it CAN'T be from earth. It's unfortunate that bit of esoteric knowledge has been stolen from human kind. Is it possible that people from other planets are incarnating here? Sure, it is. Do I think it's in the great numbers that you see when you participate in forums such as this one? Nope, absolutely not.

I have come to find through my own awakening, and my own experience, that the truth, and the mechanics of our souls or inner beings, is much more simple than a lot of people will accept. It's in human nature to create the fantastic, to engage the imagination, even as adults. Because sometimes, simple is not exciting. But I have found great truth in the joy I have found...of course this is my own opinion, and everyone is free to believe as they wish, I only share my own view, because perhaps there are others here that have drawn the same conclusion, and we'll be able to compare notes.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:57 PM
GhostMachine

Quote:
It is actually completely un-heterosexual. That is why it is described as masculine/feminine energy, not Male/Female. Energies are not referenced by gender. That is why we must balance energies within each of us. The masculine and the feminine. In my opinion this is evident is those that are androgynous. Possibly, they are more balanced in these energies. Gender is then irrelevant in regards to the spritual development and balance I refer to.

Gotcha, thank you for clairifiying!!
Old 30-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Gotcha, thank you for clairifiying!!

You are most welcome.

To further my explanation...I have actually come to accept homosexuality as I have awakened. I was raised to believe there was something wrong with it. Now, in light of everything I've learned, I believe that gender is really not at the heart of it. It makes much more sense to me now than it ever has. I have even had many past life experiences that lead me to believe that I have been male several times before. I think it is close-minded to believe we aren't more than a strict male or female in this life. There's so much more to it than that.
Old 30-11-2012, 05:07 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:

Yes and all the Twins of creation origin myths are described as "androgynous." Well, they are described as twin boys -- but androgynous boys. Which makes no sense, unless you consider that the "boy" part was added later by a predominately masculine-centered culture.
Old 30-11-2012, 05:12 PM
GhostMachine

Quote:
You are most welcome.

To further my explanation...I have actually come to accept homosexuality as I have awakened. I was raised to believe there was something wrong with it. Now, in light of everything I've learned, I believe that gender is really not at the heart of it. It makes much more sense to me now than it ever has. I have even had many past life experiences that lead me to believe that I have been male several times before. I think it is close-minded to believe we aren't more than a strict male or female in this life. There's so much more to it than that.

I agree completely!

I myself am bisexual; I have never discriminated on desire depending on the sex of a person; if a woman is attractive to me, wonderful. If a man is attractive to me, awesome. It's a lot like skin color: I was not taught to see it as I was growing up, same with sexuality.

I think the less dividing lines we have in the sand, the less burdened we are through life. The less filters, the better. I think it's wonderful that your awakening helped you get over past mind-sets. It's so freeing.
Old 30-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
I agree SerpentQ. I think our society has centered around the masculine since ancient times and that is why we have to break down the beliefs we were raised with and evaluate them now. This tf experience has really helped me to see things that I never saw before. So I suppose, as Ghost Machine states about not believing in tf's, that it's more relevant that we believe in something that's not based on what others teach us to believe. That's what awakening is...breaking down truths for ourselves.
Old 30-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
I agree completely!

I myself am bisexual; I have never discriminated on desire depending on the sex of a person; if a woman is attractive to me, wonderful. If a man is attractive to me, awesome. It's a lot like skin color: I was not taught to see it as I was growing up, same with sexuality.

I think the less dividing lines we have in the sand, the less burdened we are through life. The less filters, the better. I think it's wonderful that your awakening helped you get over past mind-sets. It's so freeing.

I am not bisexual in 'experience'...but. That being said, I can look at and appreciate a woman physically much like a man would...I think. I've always wondered why I am this way. Most women I know think it's gross. For some reason I don't...but I have never 'done' anything with that feeling. And I don't think it means I'm not open to it or anything...I am just really more attracted to men. Hey, maybe that means I'm pretty well balanced? Hope so.
Old 30-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Raineco

Quote:
when they meet their soul, they are so blown away by the divine power, they can't help but think it MUST come from some other planet, it CAN'T be from earth

I don't think that is quite it.... since you make it sound so vast (and it is), can't you appreciate that this makes people feel it is from something BIGGER (but including) the Earth? It's as simple as, we are not alone. Of course there is ET life somewhere! Look in the sky at night! And if so, then it follows that there is something universally grand and powerful that extends to all advanced/"intelligent" life forms from any planet... I could go on about ET's, suffice it to say, please read and listen to as much as you can, with an open mind, as you are doing in your twin flame research.

Incidentally, my twin (or near-twin) and I are both female. I do think we are "proxies" for the real twin, but that's not because we are same sex. I was merely bi-curious when I met her, had little action on it before then. Now, might as well say I am a lesbian (and I am in some circles ... ;-)...) but really I am still essentially bisexual, or as some say pansexual or sapiosexual - ie, it's the personal connection that matters, and excites even, before the body parts matter. Yes there are more and more of us like this, that's for sure. Why... a massive influx of "foreign" souls? Who knows, but there definitely are more of us than before.

Now - if either of you, GhostMachine or Element5, if you go into certain homosexual scenes, you might find a weird kind of territorial sentiment, it might surprise you. It's like they think all this acceptance and comfort with it claimed by some bisexuals or otherwise newly-LGBT is bunk, they think it can't be. It's almost like they don't believe anyone can really be raised tolerant and not prejudiced, which is ironic because that's what they were griping about so you'd think they would want improvement! Hopefully that's just a passing phase, a sign of the times that will be worked thru, I suppose we could appreciate that predecessors paid a greater price, if some still have wounds that is understandable. Anyway, something to keep in mind.