Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-11-2012, 06:29 PM
sesheta

If my TF were to die, or leave me for some reason......
I would be heartbroken, and it would take a very long time to heal from that....would I be able to have another relationship with someone else??
I'm sure I could...but I can't imagine it would be the same, or ever match the depth of emotion(s) that I feel with my TF......
Old 30-11-2012, 06:49 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
And let me tell you why!!

Mostly the concept does not resonate with me, because it has been my own experience that we do not just have one soul mate during our lifetime. The TF idea denotes that there is only one person (at least in my own understanding and research) that you will either cross or not cross paths with in your life that is the 'split-apart' of your own being.

Son, I encourage you to continue your research. You are correct that you have more than one soul mate and having a tf does NOT limit you from that. Having only one TF is no different than having only one biological mother. Does having a mother limit you from having a family?
Old 30-11-2012, 06:51 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
If my TF were to die, or leave me for some reason......
I would be heartbroken, and it would take a very long time to heal from that....would I be able to have another relationship with someone else??
I'm sure I could...but I can't imagine it would be the same, or ever match the depth of emotion(s) that I feel with my TF......

If you truly met your TF than it would be impossible for them to leave you. The transformation from the physical form to the spirit form does not change the love nor the bond you share. Many people have TF's right now that are in the spirit form and they feel no loss.
Old 30-11-2012, 06:57 PM
sesheta

To BeautifulLife

If you truly met your TF than it would be impossible for them to leave you. The transformation from the physical form to the spirit form does not change the love nor the bond you share.

--Very true - I agree with that. However, that still leaves the question of being able to have a physical, Earth-plane relationship with someone else at the same time....which I'm sure I could...but again, it would not be the same.....

---And I loved your comment of having one biological mother doesn't stop you from having a family - that's awesome!!!
Old 30-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
And let me tell you why!!

Mostly the concept does not resonate with me, because it has been my own experience that we do not just have one soul mate during our lifetime. The TF idea denotes that there is only one person (at least in my own understanding and research) that you will either cross or not cross paths with in your life that is the 'split-apart' of your own being.

Now, this concept encourages people to approach their own being in a type of incompleteness. That...you have been divided, and until this person is a part of your life, you are not whole. That the finding of this person will somehow cause a spiritual completeness within you.

We have been indoctrinated in this society to give our power away to other people...we let them influence our emotions, or decisions, and in the case of the TF, we give them half of ourselves and attach an awful lot of 'stuff and things' to them. In giving that power to them, we also place a huge obligation on their shoulders to meet this expectation, to fill this void, to make us happy.

I know many people believe in twin flames, but I think that the truth of it is, that we are born complete, we are not split apart...rather, there are a handful, (and if you are lucky, sometimes more) of people in the world that compliment your being so wonderfully, that they seem a part of yourself.

Thoughts?

I don't believe in the TF concept either. I think it's just a term coined and a definition given for it which sounds like the biggest bunch of hooey I've ever read. But that said, I do believe there is something that happens, but I don't know what it is that some people experience. I tend to go with that 'resonates' within me...is that we shared lives and have a deep bond/connection/work to do...(I tend to believe we made a pact and I only say that because it weighs heavily on me that in this life we had to find each other and do all we could to stay with each other and remember...even that sounds ridiculous at best, but it's something that has stayed with me and weighs on me and I've pondered the hell out of it to this day still)... Why any of us feels and believes what we do, who knows.

As for the TF definition and all, I think it's a dangerous game really because people can get caught up in it and naive and vulnerable people can fall victim to it and believe it so heavily with the first crush they ever form on someone...or some can read about it and feel they can't be with anyone until they find the so called TF.
Old 30-11-2012, 06:59 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
If you truly met your TF than it would be impossible for them to leave you. The transformation from the physical form to the spirit form does not change the love nor the bond you share.

--Very true - I agree with that. However, that still leaves the question of being able to have a physical, Earth-plane relationship with someone else at the same time....which I'm sure I could...but again, it would not be the same.....

---And I loved your comment of having one biological mother doesn't stop you from having a family - that's awesome!!!

no relationship is the same
Old 30-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:

What I have noticed is that I think should something happen to this man I love...I don't want to have another man. I don't need to find love after this.

He doesn't know what it is about us, but he's been sharing with me what he tells family when he talks about us. He says he's never experienced such bliss with a person ever, but when it hits a low part, it's hell, but we always rise above it and it continually gets better and like he said to me the other day, the bliss of us is mind boggling and he could stay forever in that bliss. I've never, ever felt anything like it. From that bliss to the pain and the whole relationship itself has changed me in so many ways that boggle my mind and I've experienced things that I never have. Same with him.

So I really wish I could understand what is going on, but I guess I won't recall again until that space in between lives...
Old 30-11-2012, 07:22 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
As for the TF definition and all, I think it's a dangerous game really because people can get caught up in it and naive and vulnerable people can fall victim to it and believe it so heavily with the first crush they ever form on someone...or some can read about it and feel they can't be with anyone until they find the so called TF.

Your drastically underestimate the power of love.
Old 30-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
Your drastically underestimate the power of love.
I realize you don't like me, but that doesn't matter to me. I don't underestimate the power of love because I've never experienced anything like I have until now. I'm living the power of love and all it's done for me.

What you previously quoted from me were my concerns with people taking this TF thing too far. I'm sure you remember all your crushes and your first loves and that feeling and had you heard about this "TF" stuff, you might have thought that's what it was, if you were vulnerable enough, lonely enough. The love I felt for my first love was very powerful...but after meeting this man I'm with now, truly, nothing ever compared...the changes I've gone through, the love I felt, the connections we have, the way we came together and a great deal of it, in all honesty, seems so supernatural.

I don't underestimate the power of a lonely heart though either.
Old 30-11-2012, 08:37 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I realize you don't like me, but that doesn't matter to me. I don't underestimate the power of love because I've never experienced anything like I have until now. I'm living the power of love and all it's done for me.

What you previously quoted from me were my concerns with people taking this TF thing too far. I'm sure you remember all your crushes and your first loves and that feeling and had you heard about this "TF" stuff, you might have thought that's what it was, if you were vulnerable enough, lonely enough. The love I felt for my first love was very powerful...but after meeting this man I'm with now, truly, nothing ever compared...the changes I've gone through, the love I felt, the connections we have, the way we came together and a great deal of it, in all honesty, seems so supernatural.

I don't underestimate the power of a lonely heart though either.

What makes you think I don't like you? Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they don't like you as a person.

The point I was making is that love is stronger than anyone's beliefs or labels. Since I've joined this forums I've seen several people that believed they met their TF turn 180degrees once they met someone else or enough time went by that they realized they were mistaken. That kinda defeats the logic behind your concern. Anyone who has ever been in love more than once knows that falling in love isn't' reserved to any single individual on this planet. I stayed with my wife for 6more years after meeting my TF and I already have feeling for a few new women that I started dating which could easily turn into love. All with me knowing of my TFs existence. People that say they can never love another person the same way is correct. Every love is unique but that doesn't make one love better than another. Look at everyone that fell in love for the first time or had their first crush. Did they not believe that was the one and only only to realize they could crush and love again once they met the next person in their life that floated their boat. How is labeling someone a TF any different than "true love" and who didn't call their first love/crush their true love.????