Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Loving_Soul

I have to concur here - since being with my TF I have to say - unconditional love is just that and all that - the LOVE you feel for another is no different, as you have now learnt what unconditional love REALLY means and feels like, so you ARE able to feel it for another be it in a relationship or a neighbour down the street.

What differs is the connection you have....my connection with my twin will always remain....I sense him there, almost like a sixth sense of mine now (trying to find words the describe it). I know he too feels the same, whether we are in contact or not it has no affect on this sense - it remains like a presence.

I have dated another person all year - throughout the ups and downs with my TF, the OP knows of my TF, and we both know that we are not each others future (don't ask me how we just do) and are ok with all that, we are happy to walk alongside each other and learn and grow together too. We share the same unconditional love for each other and it allows us all to understand that love is inclusive not exclusive. I have had my TF energetically present on more than one occasion during intercourse with the OP - the first time I cried and the OP just held me (my TF verified the next day that he too felt the energetic presence at the same time).

I guess my point is, pure love is pure love....again it is not exclusive but inclusive once you learn how to love unconditionally :)

Btw OP and TF share the same name ;) hahahaha
Old 30-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
And let me tell you why!!

Mostly the concept does not resonate with me

Good.
So, you are not going to restrict yourself within a box that is created with someone else's perceptions.
Old 30-11-2012, 09:30 PM
GhostMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
Son, I encourage you to continue your research. You are correct that you have more than one soul mate and having a tf does NOT limit you from that. Having only one TF is no different than having only one biological mother. Does having a mother limit you from having a family?

First, I'm not a boy. And I do not appreicate being called 'son' as it denotes that you feel that you speak to me from some higher place of existence, perhaps based on the fact that you may be older than me?

If you can not interact with respect, please do not participate in my threads. I appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 30-11-2012, 09:37 PM
GhostMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I don't believe in the TF concept either. I think it's just a term coined and a definition given for it which sounds like the biggest bunch of hooey I've ever read. But that said, I do believe there is something that happens, but I don't know what it is that some people experience. I tend to go with that 'resonates' within me...is that we shared lives and have a deep bond/connection/work to do...(I tend to believe we made a pact and I only say that because it weighs heavily on me that in this life we had to find each other and do all we could to stay with each other and remember...even that sounds ridiculous at best, but it's something that has stayed with me and weighs on me and I've pondered the hell out of it to this day still)... Why any of us feels and believes what we do, who knows.

As for the TF definition and all, I think it's a dangerous game really because people can get caught up in it and naive and vulnerable people can fall victim to it and believe it so heavily with the first crush they ever form on someone...or some can read about it and feel they can't be with anyone until they find the so called TF.

That has been my same observation, over and over again....there are similar concepts within the spiritual community that echo that type of thinking that I have found really dangerous....I joined at another forum centered around 'starseeds' and it was really scary some of the ideas exchanged there...dangerous ideas. But the label thing seems to be so popular, that people are so concerned with naming it, they forget to just experience it.
Old 30-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
That has been my same observation, over and over again....there are similar concepts within the spiritual community that echo that type of thinking that I have found really dangerous....I joined at another forum centered around 'starseeds' and it was really scary some of the ideas exchanged there...dangerous ideas. But the label thing seems to be so popular, that people are so concerned with naming it, they forget to just experience it.

I have noticed that some seem to agree with your view on the labeling of different experiences. What I have a hard time with, is how do you communicate an experience in words, in a way that sums it up in general when conversing with people online, if you do not use a label? In my opinion, a label is just a form of communication, not a strict ideal that must be followed and allows no room to blur between the lines. Not to say that you intend your meaning this way either, but I've noticed others seem almost defiant of a label simply because it is one, and not focus on the meaning behind it. Possibly, it is just the means at which we can communicate a summed up idea in simplistic terms. Because from what I've encountered on this forum, even those that use the label, often times have vastly different ideas about what it stands for. I hope I've come across the right way here. I'm simply curious about this way of thinking.
Old 30-11-2012, 10:05 PM
AutumnL

I don't think anyone can quite explain this connection in its entirety to give it justice. Again labels are labels and every "tf" connection is different for every one of us but the common factor is this pure undying love, Godly and it is a part of heaven, so there has to be something on the soul level taking place much deeper than a regular soul mate connection. We have lots of those connections like bf, child, mother so on, thus this "tf" is very intense and deeply spiritual.
Old 30-11-2012, 10:11 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Now, this concept encourages people to approach their own being in a type of incompleteness. That...you have been divided, and until this person is a part of your life, you are not whole. That the finding of this person will somehow cause a spiritual completeness within you.

We have been indoctrinated in this society to give our power away to other people...we let them influence our emotions, or decisions, and in the case of the TF, we give them half of ourselves and attach an awful lot of 'stuff and things' to them. In giving that power to them, we also place a huge obligation on their shoulders to meet this expectation, to fill this void, to make us happy.

I think you are touching upon something that goes well beyond the concept of twin flames or soul mates, and right to the very heart of the human condition. The vast majority of humans feel this vague sense of incompletion, that something is just not right, that something is missing. Some of this, yes, is indoctrinated into us by society, but not all. I'd hazard to say that society does a good job trying to point us to ways to make ourselves feel better and more comfortable.

Some try to fill this hole with other people; that is very true. It's undeniable. You have a valid point. But that isn't the only way people try to fill the hole! Some do it by shopping and acquiring things. Some with drugs and alcohol. Some through their career. Or... well, there are a zillion ways we try to fill this hole, the list really is endless -- and that includes religion & spirituality!

Instead of pondering what TF's are, and whether they are real or not, perhaps spend more time pondering why so many -- most of us -- feel this sense of incompletion, this dissatisfaction, this suffering.
Old 30-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Skylarkjen

There's all kinds of wacky "twin flame" information out there. If it doesn't resonate with me, I don't spend time thinking about it. I had never heard the term "twin flame" before, but through endless research because I was desperate for information about this intense connection, I find that it's the best term to describe my connection.

I don't think labeling it boxes me in in any way--it's just handy to have some kind of reference point so I can look for information and discuss it with others.

For the record, I don't go for the "split" thing but I do think there is something to the same frequency/vibration concept--because I feel it. It's all very hard to describe and I constantly second-guess myself, but I have never even come close to the feelings I have for him with anyone else--and I'm old!

It is pretty much impossible for me to imagine being with anyone else--I have no interest or desire for that (and I'm married to someone else, so I have put this to the test...).
Old 30-11-2012, 10:32 PM
AutumnL

I think people label for the purpose to understand the connection and make sure your not going nuts!!! Lol
Old 30-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Glen

Quote:
Mostly the concept does not resonate with me, because it has been my own experience that we do not just have one soul mate during our lifetime.

I agree with you Ghostmachine. I believe in many soul mates as well. I think the idea that there can only be one is extremely limiting. Just like there are many lifetimes there are many soul mates for each lifetime.

Glen