Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-08-2024, 03:38 PM
Master

Experience

I am experience; what exactly is experience, and maybe experience is not a “what” at all. But I feel there is nothing in this world or beyond this world which does not fit in what we call experience.

We constantly and continuously experience things and define our experiences as “good or bad,” as being numb, exciting, fine, coarse, neutral; we may even say that we experienced nothingness, regardless how we define experience it is still an experience. We react to our experiences, rejecting or embracing them, and placing labels on them.

Can we have an experience without existence? For me, I define experience as a connection, making contact with something or someone, and often we are not aware of the connections or contacts which we make. We are constantly bombarded with micro-organisms which we are not aware of until they create an issue for us. We are influenced by the Sun, moon and planets, they make contact with us as well.

We are constantly in the presence of spirit but may not be aware of it, so we have subliminal experiences, surface experiences, experiences which we may not be aware of and experiences which we are aware of. All of these are connections or contacts which we encounter. I feel the only way which we can not experience is to not exist.

It does not surprise me that experience is a connection, as I view all things as one with a very natural intrinsic connection. There is no way that we can separate from that oneness, so naturally everything is in touch with everything else, everything is connected to everything else. To me, this is how we experience. The coming and going of things fading in and out of the oneness of being. Some experiences we get to consciously choose and other experiences may come from unconscious choices, in my opinion.
Old 18-09-2024, 10:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi,

a thought that comes up right now:
Experience is a story ego/mind makes...Experience is made from the colouring it gets.

Am i experience? Maybe through this human life i have the possibility to experience ´i´, my ´self´, but i don´t think i am experience.
Old 18-09-2024, 03:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
- We react ..... rejecting or embracing them, and placing labels on them. -We are constantly in the presence of spirit...
So true Star. We are the ones deciding, but aside from we is there a spiritual reality of good and bad we should be deciding which Spirit has. This was the question I had in the post. Good and bad is such a fear to us imo. Of course one only need to look into the world for evidence of good and bad. Dose Spirit have a perspective of good and bad? We are decidedly different then Spirit. Communication taking place in being in its presence.

Do we not often reject or put aside or hold off Spirit because of the experience. The physical and spirit label is different. Spirit does not have the same label. We are reacting to the experience and not Spirit. Experience I have found are honest which labels allow.

Experience is seen through ego imo as was said. But experience is also seen by Spirit itself. I never rejected the experience but did what I did because of it. But I did reject Spirit because of experience. Aren't labels simply honest feelings. Just my experience.
Old 22-09-2024, 04:31 PM
Pathfinder

I look on experience/experiencing as absorbing/integrating the perceptions that arise from stimuli into ones existence.
Old 22-09-2024, 05:44 PM
Knower

This reminds me of René Descartes' "I Think, Therefor I Am" or on a deeper level David Chalmers and a phrase he coined - "The Hard Problem of Consciousness".

Both are pointing to a deeper level of being than the physical.