Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-07-2024, 06:22 PM
Seeker

Is it normal for intrusive thoughts to occur during spellwork?

Hi all. I just had a little question for anyone who has ever experienced this (who I greatly appreciate in advanced for answering me in the first place :)). I wish I had a lot of knowledge and experience to contribute to this forum rather than asking a lot of questions, but alas, my journey leads me to yet again seek out the counsel of anyone here who is willing to offer me their wisdom. And I greatly appreciate all of you here that have helped & will help me.

I was recently watching a Youtube video in which a practicing witch was recounting times her spellwork backfired. She mentioned that one of her spells backfired due to lack of concentration. She ultimately concluded that if even the smallest negative thought comes to mind while doing the ritual, that it's bound to get into the intention & affect the results. She also added that no amount of trying to reverse the negative thoughts from the intention is possible once it crosses your mind in the moment of doing the spell.

This kinda understandably made me nervous because l've done spells before where I experienced intrusive thoughts coming through despite my best efforts to concentrate. So does this ultimately mean that if I experience even the slightest negative intrusive thought, that I have to start my spell all over again and throw all my ingredients away?

I just think at this point, I need assurance from any experienced witches/practitioners that this is okay and intrusive thoughts are normal & reversable during rituals. l'm just a little shaken and uneasy at the thought of a small negative thought ruining my intentions and bringing about negative results in my life.
Old 28-07-2024, 01:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Well they say SPELLING is because words are spells so its a possibility that this may hinder the spell
in someway in which I don't know sorry.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:30 PM
Pathfinder

This is why it's so important to develop full concentration when spell casting and why magicians go to some lengths to set their working area up with the right paraphernalia. Every detail helps.
So, many exercises used in contemplation and meditation aim to build up discipline regarding concentration. It comes more naturally to some than others.