Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 09-09-2024, 08:55 AM
Seeker

God child presence?

First thanks for tuning in.

I have a short to tell you and some questions to ask.

My father was born in Idaho in 1909. Close or within the Nes Peirce land (reservation) the story that I got was that Grandma was in poor health and not able to breast feed. Grandpa had a open repour with a Indian family and he took my father as a new born and asked for help. It was deep winter and milk was not readily available. He did not want to loose a child. As a result of a Nes Peirce woman taking him in and breast feeding him it offered a god child presence to my father within the Indian family and community. Many, many stories he told.

My question. Does the tail represent actual and normal sociality structure and or how far does that deviate?

I have lived with this story most of my life and never asked anyone of greater understanding of customs for their take on it.

Thanks so much, Archer D
Old 14-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Master

Hi Archer, I passed your comments to a friend of mine who is a man from the Lakota tribe. This was his response:

“In the old days surrogate Lakota mums would let another mums baby suckle them. I don’t know for certain, but I’m guessing other tribes would do the same, as would pioneer women.

Taking the baby and helping it to survive with “God presence” possibly prayers to help the baby along, or maybe the baby being raised in a home of among Christian values. Beyond this, I’m not sure what is meant.”

Obviously this is just from the Lakota point of view but maybe things were different with the Nez Perce.