Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-06-2024, 08:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
This sounds a lot like what is being written here in exhaustive detail in this thread as posters try to describe that which can't be described in inadequate words.
The absolute/stillness is before thinking is why. This does not mean, a person can not percieve and view the universe as the absolute while the person's mind is still/empty, Me thinks that the point of nonduality/oneness teachings is for people to percieve and view the universe as nondual/oneness/the absolute while a person's mind is still/empty, and any words and thoughts that arises during this, is nonduality/oneness.

I also think that the context is that a person whom does percieve and view the universe as nondual/oneness/the absolute while his/her mind is still/empty can not and does not describe it as such. The concept of "describing that which can't be described in inadequate words" is not a generalization or an absolute. Context matters! If it is a generalization or an absolute, then no one will be able to evolve into non-dual/oneness.
Old 21-06-2024, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
Old 21-06-2024, 01:22 PM
Knower

What knows silence and thinking? Knows states of mind - waking, dreaming and deep sleep/meditation?

I don't see thinking, understood in its proper context, as an issue. It seems to me the confusion arises when we identify as the thinker, dreamer, meditator, etc.

Bhagavad Gita 4.18:

One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction, is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position, although engaged in all sorts of activities.
Old 21-06-2024, 04:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Dae Soen Sa Nim burst out laughing...
It's like you are trying to see/do/achieve something and you suddenly get this illuminating insight into "yourself" or what you are "doing" now and laugh. I remember once I was bored and questioned the "reality" of that thought (as I was thinking about this a lot and reading about it the day before) and I perceived/was aware of the "unreality" of it and like my whole experience/perception in the now changed instantly with the awareness/knowledge of the unreality of that thought. That "bored" experience which has with it certain "feelings" was wholly caused by a "belief" or acceptance of that thought "I'm Bored" as a reality by me.

Another time I was doing the dishes and I really dislike this activity. So those "resistance" feelings/thoughts are present when I have to do the dishes. But I was reading some spirituality type lessons about this topic so I had been thinking about the idea that if I am on vacation laying on a beach somewhere or standing in front of my sink doing the dishes there should be NO DIFFERENCE in the experience as it (the difference) is wholly thought created. But then this time I realized it as a fact and suddenly my entire experience of standing there doing the dishes changed. It's true! But for some reason we are so programmed to let thought determine experience. Maybe it's hard wired into the body and brain and it's programming. But a few times I've "suddenly" transcended that programming and that quote above reminded me of those times. You do suddenly laugh at the realization of something so "obvious" that is never seen or transcended.

The "now" can be experienced in a zillion different ways. Which means we can be different now in a zillion different ways. What I am, and do, and experience is usually determined through our identifying with our thoughts, but potentially, it doesn't have to be.

Maybe questioning what we are thinking is a key out of the prison.
Old 21-06-2024, 11:58 PM
Ascender

THE ONE FROM WHOM NOUGHT CAN BE SAID.

BE SELF without the ING or AM SELF without the "I" "WE" are all "IT" "IS"
being portrayed through the prism of density and the holographic imagery
of Absolute infinite intelligence.

AM is within the presence of formalized tangible vehicles. BE SELF.

blessings michael
Old 22-06-2024, 02:06 PM
Master
EXCERPT POST 93:
Quote:
What knows silence and thinking? Knows states of mind - waking, dreaming and deep sleep/meditation?
I don't see thinking, understood in its proper context, as an issue. It seems to me the confusion arises when we identify as the thinker, dreamer, meditator, etc.
Regarding your first statement posted above, that's exactly what I do during my conscious sleep meditations --- Know/Observe the states of mind - waking, dreaming, and deep sleep. I've done this for years. That practice shifts attention to "what knows silence and thinking".

Your second statement raises a very good point. Thought is NOT the problem - "the confusion arises when we IDENTIFY as the thinker, dreamer, meditator,etc."
Old 22-06-2024, 02:11 PM
Master
EXCERPT POST 94:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
It's like you are trying to see/do/achieve something and you suddenly get this illuminating insight into "yourself" or what you are "doing" now and laugh.

Maybe questioning what we are thinking is a key out of the prison.

That's the so-called "AHA MOMENT" when one "suddenly gets this illuminating insight into 'yourself' or what you are 'doing" now and LAUGH".

Great point.
Old 22-06-2024, 02:19 PM
Master
EXCERPT QUOTE 91:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80

The absolute/stillness is before thinking is why.

This does not mean, a person can not percieve and view the universe as the absolute while the person's mind is still/empty,

I agree with your first statement.

However, I wasn't sure where you were going starting with the second sentence as it seems that a person CAN INDEED perceive and view the universe as the absolute while the person's mind is still/empty. Stillness/emptiness seems to me to be the key to realizing the nature of the Reality/Absolute....and that cannot be adequately expressed in words.

Can you elaborate more on the point you were making.
Old 22-06-2024, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Just bumping this since it's so illuminating ... without words.

Old 22-06-2024, 03:47 PM
I have now pulled up some youtubes of Remo Williams because of JASG's funny link.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru