Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 18-06-2011, 06:22 PM
northstar

yup... i suppose human suffering is my weakness... sad... so so sad... (sigh)... i just want to towel their foreheads and say 'shhhhh shhhhh shhhhh... its going to be ok'... and i just go all emotional... so sad...
Old 18-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Master
Wiki says she died in '93. How is she suffering now? I haven't read a lot of what wiki said, just that she was very rich and gave lots of money away. Not that I don't get what you're saying about individual v world / cosmic suffering...

Old 18-06-2011, 06:31 PM
northstar

she died?... didnt know that... boy, i gotta watch more tv... well yeah, you know what i ment (smile)...
Old 19-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think we have to accept that alot of this spiritual stuff is idealistic twaddle and mans nature is just as we see it, and I think if we exersize real integrity we can see that each one brings darkness and light with him... I know of 'both' my potentials in negative and positive and in kindness and cruelty... so the key issue is not the pretence that mankind is infused with God and by such a thing suffering comes to cease, on the contrary, attempts at perpetuating this notion have cause great calamity and destruction... and I don't even have a solution to this suffering problem, because it is the person that suffers, and as long as the person is, so too will there be suffering.

hmm..i am really curious to know why you hang in a spiritual forum and what drew you here?
I will give you, that too much explanation is based on fiction, but there are unexplainable happenings in this world....things that cannot be explained away with science/fact. That's the ? that keeps us all coming back.

Cheers
Old 19-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar
yup... i suppose human suffering is my weakness... sad... so so sad... (sigh)... i just want to towel their foreheads and say 'shhhhh shhhhh shhhhh... its going to be ok'... and i just go all emotional... so sad...

Are you a nurse by chance?
Old 19-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Master
Chrysaetos: People can have pains that never fully heal. Burying does not mean ''elimination''.

Yes... that's what I said. Burying in the form of avoiding, denying, and repressing only perpetuates pain long term, into suffering. However, allowing it all with letting go can and does eliminate pain.

Sounds a bit simple, but it's major.. look into history.... Does not make sense, at all. It sounds poetic but too simple. If anything, the mind does not always resist pain.

What is implied here is (as far as it is understood) that grief for example is mere resistance.

Yes, it may sound too simple but it's my own experience, and many others who are learning ways to do this: Healing painful emotions is most definitely possible. There are natural ways to reduce physical pain and eliminate the emotional suffering that goes along with and compounds it as well.

Grief is not resistance but a natural feeling of deep loss. Suffering continues beyond the grief period as long as the mind resists... and ends with acceptance and release.

And yes, this is a major change in how we may view pain and suffering.

Xan

Old 19-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
hmm..i am really curious to know why you hang in a spiritual forum and what drew you here?
I will give you, that too much explanation is based on fiction, but there are unexplainable happenings in this world....things that cannot be explained away with science/fact. That's the ? that keeps us all coming back.

Cheers

I came here because I'm crazy and so did everyone else. Tee hee. The nice thing about science is it just says 'we can't explain it', the horrible thing about spiritualists is having an answer for everything, I generalize of course, but being crazy is like a validation because what I say is "MY TRUTH' and there's 7 billion truths in the world, and nothing is more important than the truth which is mine. Little wonder humans are at each other's throats.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar

It's such a wonderful human tendancy to see someone suffering and care for them by wishing they would be free from woes, then there's the dark and mean side... which is equally noticable.
Old 19-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's such a wonderful human tendancy to see someone suffering and care for them by wishing they would be free from woes, then there's the dark and mean side... which is equally noticable.

Equally noticeable in whom, Gem? Are you generalizing to everyone?

It is possible to outgrow our dark and mean side, ya' know.

Xan

Old 19-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Equally noticeable in whom, Gem? Are you generalizing to everyone?

It is possible to outgrow our dark and mean side, ya' know.

Xan

In your case it's quite different because you seek pain in others to heal them and seek ignorance to enlighten them, but also pretend it isn't noticable. In my case I just notice it is there and accept it rather factually.