Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-06-2024, 12:18 AM
Master

I do believe that suicide is a personal choice but at the same time I do not believe that anything is personal. How we die may be a question of free-will or it may be predetermined, or a mixture of the two. How much in life do we get to choose and how much is chosen for us; by karma, by genetics, by destiny, by life, by God, etc.?

I have seen many cases where suicide ran in the family or was handed down from one generation to the next. Certain schools of psychology embrace that we inherit a mixture of emotions from our biological parents, not completely but in certain amounts. Mental illness can run in a family also. But I do not consider suicide to always be a cause of mental illness; there are people with a sound mind who choose to end their life..

In my opinion a person should have the right to end their own life, especially if their body has deteriorated, they can not function, and their quality of life is beyond unbearable. In the U.S. there are many States which have “Right To Die Laws” and people who live in a state where those laws do not exist will travel to a State where they do exist so that they can get assistance in ending their life.

The person who is at the end of their earthly life is usually in a very different mental and emotional state then the people who are observing that persons’ death. In the U.S. we can indicate on our drivers license whether we want to donate our organs when we die, so if a person says “yes” to organ donation, regardless how they die, they may be saving the life of another person if any of their internal organs can be used after they die. But not everyone wants their organs going to someone else when they die.
Old 22-06-2024, 07:22 AM
Administrator
This is something that should happen here The right to end your life but every time it goes to Parliament which is run by an outdated bunch of Baboons they don't even entertain it,
Life is a personal choice death should be the same.

Namaste
Old 22-06-2024, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
This is something that should happen here The right to end your life but every time it goes to Parliament which is run by an outdated bunch of Baboons they don't even entertain it,
You'd enjoy my Shopping bag Native, it's big and everyone comments on it

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...4/original.jpg
Old 22-06-2024, 10:10 AM
Administrator
LOL SO TRUE

Namaste
Old 22-06-2024, 10:29 AM
Master

So funny.
But you know what's alarming ? We'd probably get more sense out of the apes !
Old 22-06-2024, 05:59 PM
Master

Native Spirit, I think people have made these things into moral issues, although I know nothing about the Australian Parliament. There are also people here in the U.S. who view assisted suicide as a moral issue.

It has also been called a “mercy killing, euthanasia, or right to die,” but when you put the word “suicide” in there it brings up all sorts of moral issues in some people’s minds. It seems okay for some governments to have a death penalty an kill others but they do not want to assist you in killing yourself.

In many places the current morality of assisted suicide equates it with murder and a person assisting in another person’s death can be charged with murder. Dr. Jack Kevorkian, MD, who pioneered the right to die laws in the U.S. was sent to prison for helping people die; this was before it was legalized here.

Another alternative is the Living Will, where a person can state that if they are injured or have a debilitating illness, they do not want to be kept alive on machines. Here in the U.S. it is also called an “Advance Directive” which is placed in the persons’ medical records. A person can also refuse treatment on religious grounds. These measures do not directly assist the person’s death but they do indirectly say if my body can not sustain me on its own then let me die. A person can put this in their medical records, at least here they can.
Old 22-06-2024, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
...Another alternative is the Living Will, where a person can state that if they are injured or have a debilitating illness,
they do not want to be kept alive on machines.
Here in the U.S. it is also called an “Advance Directive” which is placed
in the persons’ medical records.
*News flash*...I think this is the right time to bring this up. :)
Say, you have a Notarized DNR...*Do NOT Resuscitate* in your file.
You, go unconscious after a long illness or have a heart attack on the sidewalk in NYC......your ''attendant'', loved one, freaks
calls an Ambulance.
It's not human nature to just leave you there in a crowd, saying ..'No, we have to let him go.'

ONCE you call an Ambulance their JOB is to resuscitate you , to keep you alive....no matter how cruel
and bruising that is...When all along you did not want ANY attempts like that.
Unless you've been part of this fiasco ...most do not think about it.

Another funny thing:
I have a friend that dozed off at another friend's house...she died...her friend called an Ambulance, they revived her...AND BOY was she mad..
"WHY DIDN'T you let me GO!"
Her life had been pain 24/7 for decades...she wanted to go to Heaven.

Just some things to consider ...let your friends know that you WANT to go...if you die with them...they can go out
to the back yard, Tra Lalalala...come back in an hour, for you, as your friend. Sorry if that sounds strange.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-06-2024, 10:59 PM
Master
EXCERPT POST 2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
A cousin of mine committed suicide and crossed over the next day. He was very clear and knew why he did it. So, clarity is key.
That is my understanding as well. Clarity is the key. One's state of mind at the moment of crossing over seems to be the key factor.
Old 23-06-2024, 01:38 AM
Master

Miss Hepburn, as a former ambulance paramedic I agree with what you have said; often the Advance Directive, or Living Will, is not followed until the person gets to the hospital and their medical records are checked. The ambulance and the emergency room staff will do everything to keep that person alive because they may not have access to that person’s records.

Although I have gone on ambulance calls where the patient was under 18-years old and unconscious; the parents told us not to do any medical intervention because of their religious beliefs in spiritual healing. We were told to take their child to a Seven Day Adventist Hospital, which we did. The parents believed that if their child died it was God’s will.

Several times I have met people who refused treatment, but of course if the patient is unconscious and there is no family member around to tell the paramedics to just transport them, that’s another story. If a person is unconscious, bleeding, no immediate family member is present, and that person’s life is in danger, the medical professionals consider that to be an “implied consent” situation. Which means they save the persons’ life without their permission. Often the medical records do not show up for a day or two after the patient is in hospital. Then the legal battle begins over their right to die.
Old 23-06-2024, 07:39 AM
Master

Miss H. No it does t sound strange. It makes sense to me anyway.