Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2024, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
He is as well a God of (righteous)Justice. Sin = worship to satan, those that practice it deserve justice.
How does ' Sin = Missing the mark' (Khata) refer to worship of satan ?
Old 11-08-2024, 12:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
YWHW is the true God's 'Personal' name, and Elohim by itself is the Hebrew common noun
used to refer to the true God in an 'Honorific' way.

and how did you come to that conclusion?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-08-2024, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
and how did you come to that conclusion?

By reading the OT John....

Btw forgot to mention, if you get confused about any Hewbrew words/meanings etc: 'Ask a Rabbi' is a very informative Site..
Old 11-08-2024, 05:11 PM
Master
Are you saying there are not 2 separate creation accounts in the Bible in which each account depicts each group's version of creation and deity?

I find it interesting that those who refuse to use the name Yahweh seem to down play the importance of Elohim. It is interesting to note that there appear to be no English Bibles that use the name Yahweh along with Elohim. For the average person, those words are unknown even though they are used a lot in the Hebrew Bible.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 12-08-2024 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-08-2024, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
It is interesting to note that there appear to be no English Bibles that use the name Yahweh nor use Elohim. For the average person, those words are unknown even though they are used a lot in the Hebrew Bible.

There are English Bibles that do use the word Yahweh/Elohim and they are not unknown here in England, you will find both used in Hymns/Prayers....
Mybe not in your part of the World.
Old 11-08-2024, 06:42 PM
Master
Would be interesting to know what are the names of some of those Bibles that use Elohim.
The only Bible that I know that uses Elohim, is the Hebrew Bible (Masoretic text).

I think most people would be stymied to read "In the beginning, Elohim created the Heaven(s) and Earth."

Last edited by BigJohn : 11-08-2024 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2024, 09:46 PM
keiw1

Quote:
Can you provide the scripture that supports this?

Thank you.

el=elohim- i=is (Jah)yah=yahweh

In Hebrew for the true God, Elohim translates= the supreme one or the mighty one.
Old 12-08-2024, 06:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
el=elohim- i=is (Jah)yah=yahweh

In Hebrew for the true God, Elohim translates= the supreme one or the mighty one.

Deuteronomy 5:6-21

6 “I am Yahweh your Elohim, who brought you out of slavery in Egypt.

7 “Never have any other gods. 8 Never make your own carved idols or statues that represent any creature in the sky, on the earth, or in the water. 9 Never worship them or serve them, because I, Yahweh your Elohim, am El Kanna.etc...

Then in the Watchtower NWT
Deuteronomy 5:6-21.

“‘I am Jehovah your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.+ 7 You must never have any other gods besides me."

8 “‘You must not make for yourself a carved image+ or a form* like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. 9 You must not bow down to them nor be led to serve them,+ for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion, etc.....
Old 12-08-2024, 11:27 PM
keiw1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
How does ' Sin = Missing the mark' (Khata) refer to worship of satan ?

While in the wilderness, satan asked Jesus for an act of worship. He wanted Jesus to sin and fail the ransom sacrifice.
Old 12-08-2024, 11:29 PM
keiw1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Which 'Truths' did you share keiw ?....

Truth about what happens in the resurrection.
Closed Thread