Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-01-2021, 10:51 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Or, just maybe "OR"..

The kingdom is not within us, & just maybe the padgett messages are more correct than the bible. After all the bible which was written by "who" 2000 yrs ago & hundreds of yrs after Jesus had passed from the flesh. & also translated over & over by who exactly.

Take a look at this below...
New Living Translation
You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you.”
Unquote.

"Among you" as you have quoted.

the Padgett Messages states that the Soul of Man is not ever created in the essence of the creator.
& just as the bible says, the almighty wants to transform the fervent seeker of the kingdom.
A person who is willing to leave the family name & fold to become like unto the Heavenly Father Christ entity & to become one of his children.

If the kin folk of the transformed person, do not follow in the same steps of the transformed person. Then they literally will not be the same kind of people. & the transformed person will move on & away into becoming a most phenomenal & spectacular being/person.
They will live far away in a kingdom far removed from the Natural spiritual Heavens.

Only after the transformation, can the kingdom of God be within. & of which will allow the person of the "new birth" of the Soul'self to enter into the many mansions within the Holy Kingdom.

The word "midst" was not used untill the 1400s, & nor were many other words regarding the same.

Link to...what makes man Divine. Padgett Messages.
https://www.padgettmessages.net/mess...trinity10.html

Thanks neil.

Or, just maybe "Or"

Funny way of starting out a communication.

I do like the Padgett papers.

I don't know who truly wrote anything unless I see it with my own eyes.
Even the Padgett papers.
I hold all writings in doubt.
I imagine the verse quoted was maybe originally spoke in Aramaic
and then written in Greek. So the original spoken phrase may be unrecognizable in the writing.

Thanks for taking the time to write, I will consider it.
Along with reading some more Padgett papers.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thanks, I was scared to suggest anything cuz
didn't wanna turn anyone off...like I'm too OCD ...
but I'm not!
(I see that after my sister lived here for 2 yrs ...I see what OCD really is!)
And I luv you, sky.

Your post on misplaced quotes was right on target , as I found myself going back to the original posts to determine who had actually made each of the statements where the posts had misplaced quotes. Those posts were indeed very difficult to read as the misplaced quotes made them look as if they were self-contradictory.

Thanks for bringing that up as I too was reluctant to mention that because I did not want to offend anyone.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Nor with me. But it's better than nothing!
I'd like to take a poll someday - in this Christian section how many spend
time in silent, stillness to enter that Secret Place.
(But not answer to anyone but themselves. Ha!)
Cuz, then the experience of 'within' would mean SO much more.
(And not 5 min of stillness either. Trying to still the mind of it's thoughts ---Real, sweet, glorious stillness.)
Jesus did that all the time.
Someday for fun - underline how much Jesus went off in solitude - away from the crowds.

During my formative years, when I was contemplating matters that were not clear at the time, I would sit in silent meditation and, without realizing it, there were times when 8-9 hours had elapsed before I came out of it with a better understanding of the matter at hand. (Obviously, this was on non-work days. ).

Shortly before my spiritual mentor left the earth plane, I asked her a question. She responded: "You're an experienced meditator. Meditate and all will be revealed..... Besides, I won't be here much longer." Within 2 months, she dropped her earthly form.

She taught students to become a light unto themselves and enter that Silent Secret Place where all (that is needed to know in that moment) is indeed revealed. I too was guided to go "within" and that is specifically why the translation "the Kingdom of God is WITHIN" resonates so much with me as opposed to alternate translations.

P.S. As you wisely added, however, the alternate translations are "better than nothing".
Old 05-01-2021, 12:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Luke 17:21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Within you is also translated:
Among you
In your midst
Here with you
Is among you
But actually it is more like the wearing of a sweater or outer garment.
It is something to be put on, which means it can be taken off also if one chooses.

Within in this verse comes from the Greek word endidusko
From the Strong's concordance # 1737Strong's Concordance
endiduskó: to put on, be clothed with
Original Word: ἐνδιδύσκω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: endiduskó
Phonetic Spelling: (en-did-oos'-ko)
Definition: to put on, be clothed with
Usage: (somewhat rare) (of clothing: I put on another); mid: I put on (myself).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
a prol. form of enduó
Definition
to put on, be clothed with
NASB Translation
dressed (2).

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 1737: ἐνδιδύσκω

First of all, thank you for that very helpful post.

It is consistent with the Vedic concept of the "five bodies/sheaths of man" (Pancha Koshas) where the various bodies can be put on and taken off just like the garments to which you alluded in your post.

It's amazing how much can be lost in translation and, on matters such as these, the difference in translations can have such wide-ranging implications.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Miss Hepburn,

In regards to meditation....Psalms 1:2......"and on his law he meditates day and night"......that implies continuous meditation....certainly not 5 minutes...:)

The point that is missing in this thread is understanding that we must individually discover the truth....we cannot piggyback on the endeavors of someone else. It must be our truth...our epiphany. It all goes to the admonition to be 'born again'. That is what gives us access to the Spirit. We must become spiritual in contrast to simply becoming intellectual.

"Why do you speak in parables ?" It is to encourage us to go beyond the obvious or the literal to unravel the truths of wisdom by accessing the spiritual. It then becomes our own truth....we then can see the 'Grand Canyon' not just pictures that someone else has taken or reported.

John 14:15-31 details the promise of the Holy Spirit that Jesus proclaimed. John 15:26....."But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." We castigate Christianity because we assault the teachings and opinions of so-called Christians who are often errant messengers.....they have not understood the message of Christ so we assault them....but the message is for us to discover individually thru the help of the Spirit. They, the messengers, have appropriated the scripture for their own purposes. The only way we can get the unvarnished truth is to directly access the Spirit.

That might seem too difficult for most. We insist on being fed like babies. I think G.K. Chesterton hid the nail on the head when he said...paraphrasing...."The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried." i.e. we have not dug deeply enough and have accepted the gospel of others instead of discovering the Gospel on our own.

Wow! Wow! Wow ! What an AWESOME post ! You made so many great points that one is hard pressed to decide on which points to focus.

Contrary to the opinions of many, "Continuous meditation" is indeed possible "night and day" as one can enter the Silent Secret Place mentioned by Miss Hepburn more and more continuously. I personally also practice "conscious sleep" so I have learned how to meditate throughout the night as well. Thanks for introducing that quote from Psalms.

You pointed to the phrase "Why do you speak in parables". I agree completely that it is meant "to encourage us to go beyond the obvious or the literal to unravel the truths of wisdom by accessing the spiritual". My spiritual mentor used to infuriate me with her cryptic parable-like responses to my questions but, when one meditates on such things, one learns to rely on the "spirit within" and thus become a light unto one's self. Once one discovers Truth for one's self, one becomes firmly established in it and it cannot be shaken. On the other hand, those who merely repeat the words of others without realizing Truth for one's self .... can often be led astray by clever contrary intellectualism.

You concluded your post with "They, the messengers, have appropriated the scripture for their own purposes. The only way we can get the unvarnished truth is to directly access the Spirit." That is indeed the key to right understanding ---- directly accessing the Spirit.

Indeed, the "road is straight and narrow" ---- "difficult" in your terminology. However, once one attunes to the Spirit "within", trusts it and surrenders to it .... it becomes quite natural and effortless.

What an AWESOME post !
Old 05-01-2021, 03:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Your post on misplaced quotes was right on target , as I found myself going back to the original posts to determine who had actually made each of the statements where the posts had misplaced quotes. Those posts were indeed very difficult to read as the misplaced quotes made them look as if they were self-contradictory.

Thanks for bringing that up as I too was reluctant to mention that because I did not want to offend anyone.

I did apologize on another Thread and that is all I can do beside not Posting or using any Quotes until I can work out what is going wrong. I can assure you I will not confuse you or anyone again.....
Old 05-01-2021, 03:35 PM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I did apologize on another Thread and that is all I can do beside not Posting or using any
Quotes until I can work out what is going wrong. I can assure you I will not confuse you or anyone again.....

You're good!

Maybe forget the 'boxes'....use colors when quoting:

Miss H said, "bla bla."
Me: I think you're full of baloney, Miss H.
or
Me, sky: You're full of baloney Miss H.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-01-2021, 03:38 PM
The Secret Place ---I should have mentioned comes
from Psalm 91...a great psalm. :)

Btw, fall asleep inwardly loving God;
wake up loving God with a smile on your face.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-01-2021, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
You're good!

Maybe forget the 'boxes'....use colors when quoting:

Miss H said, "bla bla."
Me: I think you're full of baloney, Miss H.
or
Me, sky: You're full of baloney Miss H.

Thanks Miss H, as I can't change the writing colours on my Tablet I will do as you've advised ( Me/You ) until I can sort it out, maybe use my Laptop instead and see if it works....
Old 05-01-2021, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
The Secret Place ---I should have mentioned comes
from Psalm 91...a great psalm. :)

Btw, fall asleep inwardly loving God;
wake up loving God with a smile on your face.

Me......And a warmth in your Heart