Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 22-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Experiencer
Grandmother’s Passing

I had a dream last night about my grandmother, who died in 2011. I was at her house with my dad’s brothers, and she had been put on hospice but was in her final 24-48 hours. She was sleeping in a recliner in the living room. My uncles and I had split up the watch. I had just laid down to go to sleep, and the middle brother (my dad is the youngest of six; the first three were girls and the last three were boys) woke me and told me to come in the living room because my grandmother had quit breathing.

I ran into the living room and looked at my uncles and yelled, “Well, get her on the floor!” I wanted to start resuscitative efforts. The middle brother hesitated but the oldest brother jumped to action when I yelled at him and the middle brother followed suit.

I leaned over her to feel her pulse (she was cold and still and unresponsive), and she opened her eyes and grabbed me around the shoulders and pulled herself up. “The darkness is closing in,” she sad, somewhat sadly but also with a cautionary tone; the implied message was that I should move away.

“I’m not afraid of death,” I said confidently, without hesitation.

“He is coming!” she said, looking past me onto the back patio, in the dark of the night. I visualized the grim reaper in my mind’s eye.

“I can handle him,” I said with a grin. She looked into my eyes, searching for something. I maintained eye contact with her, firmly supporting her on the floor. She seemed satisfied, then relaxed, then fell back limply, having breathed her last.

I was present when she died. The circumstances were similar in real life, but basically the entire family was present. She was on hospice, and we did know that she was imminent. My dad being one of six, I have 15 first cousins and many second cousins, as well as my aunts’ and uncles’ spouses. But everyone always agreed I was the favorite grandchild.

Just before she died, everyone had stepped away for a moment except for me and her favorite daughter. She was breathing but unconscious and had been fighting death for quite some time. It should have happened already, honestly...I walked over to the head of the bed (I was previously seated at the foot) and gave her a kiss on the cheek and a long hug and I whispered in her ear, “We are all going to be just fine. Don’t worry about us. We are going to miss you, but we are going to be fine.” It was so hard for me to say this, and I was choking back tears the entire time and broke down after I said it, but she passed very soon after that.

I wondered if the dream signified a communication that happened between our souls in that moment...something on some other plane.

Last edited by astralwanderer : 22-08-2018 at 11:09 PM.
Old 22-08-2018, 10:44 PM
Master
iv had thm dreams to i hav i no aug my nanna died she did evn her bday wz in aug only prob she had so mush bday evry mth i dnt no evn datee of her bday in aug
im not scaredd of deathh to im not i usd be but im terrfid of livin coz dead cnt hurtt u iv a frind i hvshes a medim evn feals way is me she is it livin its bad not dead

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-08-2018, 11:14 PM
Experiencer
Dream Jo, I’m sorry you lost your grandmother too. It was one of the most difficult things that has happened to me, emotionally. I was prepared for it, and it still rocked my world.

I think fewer people would be afraid of death if they were sure that it isn’t the end...an awareness I gained as a result of my travels out of body.
Old 22-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Master
its oj i wz only a teen wen it happenn i sea lifee diffretn now i do it endd of her ifee she did not no who i wz or any of er grankidss wz hevn her own kidss

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔