Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 19-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Master
Crystals for an empath

What are good crystals for an empath to help protect there energy as well as prevent other energies from being taken on board by them.

I currently use hematite.
Old 19-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Master
shungite is a goodie too
Old 20-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
What are good crystals for an empath to help protect there energy as well as prevent other energies from being taken on board by them.

I currently use hematite.

Dear innerlight,
I am an empath, too. It took me ages to to find the way to deal with my problem.
What I found out is: I can see and feel other people's things much easier then most people do and I take on the burdens of others with me. The strongest "message" I receive from others is there's facial expression. So, when I go to public places I am focusing only on what I have to do there and what I want. I avoid eye contact with people I don't know well.
IMO Hematite is a good choice, labradorite can be good one to, and black tourmaline also.
Best wishes :)
Old 21-03-2016, 04:31 AM
Pathfinder

Any black stone-- especially tourmaline and obsidian
Also have Rose Quartz to keep the love and positive feelings in.
Old 21-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Master
Thanks everyone. I have used black stones in the past, from nuummite, to obsidian, and have still been able to take on energies from the world around me. I'm still new to learning about being an empath, so I know nothing about it, just that, when I take on energies, it's like they start to become mine, it's no fun. I had to leave the mall the other day because they were making me light headed.

I have added some amethyst to what I am wearing, to see if that helps. I will need to focus on remembering to shield myself with white light as well.
Old 21-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Master

Grounding also helps - very very important. It helps diffuse the energies that sneak in, but it's a conscious activity.

I like bloodstone if I'm feeling "leaky"
Old 21-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Innerlight, I know it's not a joke.
I get sick in shopping malls. I must stay off the crowded places. Crystals can't help me to feel okay.
Old 21-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Grounding also helps - very very important. It helps diffuse the energies that sneak in, but it's a conscious activity.

I like bloodstone if I'm feeling "leaky"

That is something I neglect to do, and I really shouldn't. I have not run much this year either.
Old 21-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol
Innerlight, I know it's not a joke.
I get sick in shopping malls. I must stay off the crowded places. Crystals can't help me to feel okay.

No, it is no joke, and can be a curse more than a blessing. I have found crystals not being able to help with it, and even maybe make it worse at times. But I was hopeful I overlooked one or something.

I went to the movies and walked a different mall afterwards and was better. So something in that one mall really hit me, and sent me out of that mall in a flash.
Old 21-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Master

Ach. I wrote earlier about shadow magnet stuff. I'm sure I've mentioned it to you before but I will say it again because it is important.

There are those of us - empath is one word but I prefer the expression "shadow magnet" as the "stuff" we pick up is, by and large, the gunk. Especially when we walk about like a sieve.

There are those who consciously or unconsciously project their stuff and discard the ick. Rather than deal with it themselves, they shoo it off. And us shadow magnets are an easy target, the ick is literally drawn to us.

I remember once at work, I saw someone's shadow making a beeline to me, I told it to scuttle back to where it came from. And since then, I do that when I pick something is coming my way. Usually I'm too late. If i have taken it onboard, then I feel I have to deal with it and process - through mother earth. I can't "return to sender" as gunk easily gets muddled and too easy to return some of your own stuff.

Mother earth will sort out what is what.

If I get the sense I've picked something up, I will say to myself "Hey Belle, is this yours or does it come from elsewhere". And then I will take it from there.

But always best not to let oneself get into that state in the first instance

No need to curse being an empath /shadow magnet. It encourages us to dig deeper into mother earth and from that vantage point, we can stretch higher and develop more strongly. We are encouraged to heal more deeply - ourselves and those on the earth and the earth - it is the work of a lightworker. It's so not glamorous.

My empath has stretched now to plants and animals. That's kind of interesting development. I know at some point I will start work with buildings. That may have started?

There is never a day off.